Blooded

Started by dragonfire9000, September 18, 2008, 01:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfire9000

This feat confuses me. It gives more initiative (And persuade, unless I've forgotten something) but why? What does "Blooded" mean? I took the feat to be different, but I need to know what it really is before I can RP it properly.

Hope for explanation soon!

Letsplayforfun

Hot blooded? Quick to react, anger, being passionnate hence persuasive... I dunno?

Semli

Quote from: dragonfire9000;87637This feat confuses me. It gives more initiative (And persuade, unless I've forgotten something) but why? What does "Blooded" mean? I took the feat to be different, but I need to know what it really is before I can RP it properly.

Hope for explanation soon!

I've extracted the pertinent definitions from Dictionary.com.

tr.v.   blood·ed, blood·ing, bloods

1. To give (a hunting dog) its first taste of blood.

2. To subject (troops) to experience under fire: "The measure of an army is not known until it has been blooded" (Tom Clancy).

3. To initiate by subjecting to an unpleasant or difficult experience.

Also, the feat gives +2 initiative and +2 spot.  The feat Thug grants +2 to initiative and +2 to persuade.

dragonfire9000

So what you would suggest is that the feat signifies that the character taking it has been through combat before and, as such, knows the wisdom of striking quickly, and also to keep alert? Interesting... it would fit with my character, to be sure.

Anyone with concrete background, I'd be grateful. Until then, thank you Ronus!

Skrillix

From the actual description of the feat from the Player's Guide to Faerun -

QuoteYou know what it means to fight for your life, and you understand the value of quick wits and quicker reactions when blades are bared and deadly spells are chanted.

So, essentially what Semli's already said.