Magic Weapon Spell

Started by FleetingHeart, August 10, 2009, 04:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FleetingHeart

If this spell could be altered to work on ranged weapons, I think this would be fantastic.

I know it can't give the full +1 AB +1 damage that the spell gives to melee weapons, but it could grant the +1 AB to the bow so that archers could bypass DR.

Just a thought. Dunno if it is even possible.

Drakill Tannan

I support this suggestion again. will make Archer characters more viable, allow more diversity to the module and make it more fun.

Egon the Monkey

It is possible. It would make a lot of sense, and it would give archers a means to beat foes with DR without hauling about a rare crossbow or 15 lbs of +1 darts. However, this seems to cme up once every 3 months or so then get shot down by a DM because they think it might affect game balance.

My suggestion to them would be "Try it, and see what happens". If we get a server ruled by 20 Dex Elf Longbow Powerbuilds, maybe it wasn't the greatest idea, and it can be disabled. If on the other hand we get (non rogue) archers able to snipe out DR creatures rather than look pathetic, and more people devoting PCs to archery, it's good.

Drakill Tannan

I support Egon's own suggestion as well.

Snoteye

See one of the past 100 suggestions for this particular change.

ExileStrife

Quote from: Snoteye;140068See one of the past 100 suggestions for this particular change.
I'll just make a blanket summary of what those 100 past suggestions said:  We don't want a lot of archers.

FleetingHeart

I don't really think this would lead to a lot of archers. >.> And besides, non rogue archers do less damage from range than most melee characters.

Pup

This really has been brought up a million times.  I'm fine with it either way, personally.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

sobe-real

I like archers

I don't play them often but always find them to be a fun and useful team member, mechanically that is.

Drakill Tannan

Can we test it, like Egon said? 1 month, if you see too many archers for your liking remove it, if you see an archer PCs being the god of PvP or simply stronger than you want, remove it.

It's 1 month, how much damage can it make? you know what forghet the month, 2 weeks would be enough IMO.

TheMacPanther

Maybe just have it work for a quiver of arrows instead of the actual bow, maybe that could help even it out a bit.

Mort

For the last time, No.