Heavy Maces

Started by Blake the Boar, August 12, 2009, 06:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake the Boar

I never understood why Bioware did not make heavy maces for NWN. They are simple medium weapons, that deal 1d8 bludgeoning damage, with x2 crit. Aside from all the discussion about mauls and one handed spears, I believe they could be added to efU:a, using the morningstar as base. Then add the mace skin, put 'no damage' and add +1d8 bludgeoning damage (to remove the piercing damage type). Another way would be using the regular maces as base, but then restricting the use of weapon finesse and make it usable my small races with two hands. As I have no idea of how complicated is to implement things, just disregard the suggestion if it is not worth the trouble or not possible at all. One thing I know for sure, Lathanderites would be -very- happy with this.

lovethesuit

Better yet, you just use a mace. :O

Requiem

TheWastesAreFrozen

Kotenku

Snoteye

I don't know what surprises me most: that through seven years so many players have not learned to just be happy with what BioWare gave us (it's not like we're penalizing you for using non-favoured weapons) or that so many players don't seem to understand how limited the engine is.

Blake the Boar

Well, I don't understand how limited the engine is, but I can be happy with what is there. There are many other weapons to  replace that one, some even better (morningstar for instance, once it is also simple weapon). As I said, just a flavor thing, but yeah, thinking over, even the addition of owebear spawns would have more priority than this... :P

Pup

Heavy flail works nicely.  Use it.  Love it.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

ScottyB

Quote from: Kotenku;140405and my axe!
+1

Oh god, did I just admire something Kotenku did!?

Locking, as it's in the same vein as the custom/new weapons suggestion that was made last week.