Sand Reef Boxes

Started by Runic Saga, August 12, 2009, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic Saga

Since this quest has been notorious for bugged boxes resulting from laggy players not using the close button, would auto-closing boxes like those on Wild Orcs solve the problem? The key could be on the Spider Queen, or even a weak troglodyte with the key could be added. The new update is awesome, but to ensure you get the *spolier*, it makes it even more important that boxes turn up.

Letsplayforfun

Bugged? hu?

Sometimes some chests are empty, sometimes i get like 1blur+spiderbane dagger+50 coins+pfe potion+armor. Very random, imo.

Runic Saga

It's a bug. If someone's lagging, usually and walks off rather than using the close button on the chest screen it gets stuck open. THe same problem happens with the weeds that are bubbleberry spawns on the Beggar's Ring quest a lot.

PlayaCharacter

In my experience, if you don't catch this quest right after a reset, you're going to have at least one bugged box.

You can tell when you've got a bugged box because it never closes.

Blake the Boar

Same happens in dock barrow.

eliff

I have noticed this problem too.  I had two empty chests on ghouls and three on reef so it can really be annoying to lose so much loot.

Ommadawn

At times it makes the Beggar's Ring quest unfinishable as there are just not enough bubbleberries given to reach the end, let alone fight along the way if you have to. If this bug could be squashed it would be nice.

Pup

While I share the frustration of all the posters, none of this is really a big deal.  If I can't do the extra part of the sand spider quest, oh well.  As far as the ring quest, unless absolutely no bubbleberries appear in any of the weeds (which I have never seen) this quest is easily beatable as long as you can count to yourself in your head. Sure it takes at least a few to finish, but you always get at least a few( P.S.- I always have tons of bubbleberries after finishing this quest.  Hell, I take it just to have the extra bubbleberries later on!)

So yeah.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

FleetingHeart

Yes, for a character with a high con, it's not so bad. I ran a character through invisibly with 10 con and, because I didnt' get very many berries, almost drowned right before getting to the door. :-\

I think on that particular run, I went as far as I could looking for berries on one breath, and then ran back out. I found no berries in that space. So the next dive was going in knowing I probably would not finish unless the second half of the map was decently stocked.