Custom crafted armors

Started by FleetingHeart, August 13, 2009, 10:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FleetingHeart

Small addition I'd like to see made to these NPCs. Allow the creation of robes, as well.

This would have the added benefit of allowing for real loincloths to be made as well! :-)

Pup

I recall there was some sort of armor bug preventing this.  Pretty sure Mort and co. would be on it otherwise.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

TheWastesAreFrozen

You can create robes IG already. If you're talking about robes over armor then I think the reasoning was that it's undesirable due to no hint that a person is wearing heavy full-plate under that robe.

Blake the Boar

The issue is putting robes to hide a full plate, for instance, I believe that is why it has not been allowed. However, I believe only  the loin clothes could be available for armors. how about that?

TheWastesAreFrozen

I would love for the sash to be available personally. I personally think it's lame for non-dm granted full plates to be hidden under robes though. *shrug*

FleetingHeart

Yes. It is lame to hide plate under robes. However, it is entirely possible to skip choices in the dialogue. It's just a matter of setting up the Next and Previous buttons to cycle through a given set of options, instead of simply incrementing through all options. This could be done for armors, leaving robes available for padded and regular cloth. And therefore leaving the other options available for everyone else. :-)

Conan The Conqueror

How many players would really have full plate under their robes anyways? Do we have so little trust in our player base? I mean, it would be pretty obvious if some guy in a brown robe was fighting with a longsword and tower shield all the time.

Seems like options are being limited just to penalize the actions of a scant few players.

Egon the Monkey

Youj can add robes to cloth if you want a loincloth, IIRC, at Thrask Morv.

Blake the Boar

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;140726Youj can add robes to cloth if you want a loincloth, IIRC, at Thrask Morv.

We're talking about custom armors, not robes.

FleetingHeart

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;140726Youj can add robes to cloth if you want a loincloth, IIRC, at Thrask Morv.

I've made custom clothes there before and didn't notice the option... Maybe I just missed it. I'll go back and look.

However, that still wouldn't help if someone wanted to make..say a set of leathers or even mail with a loin cloth.

FleetingHeart

Quote from: Blake the Boar;140747We're talking about custom armors, not robes.

Not sure what you're on about... but he's talking the same thing as my suggestion.

The Loincloth that you so commonly see is technically a "Robe" in the NWN toolset. It just has the benefit of only covering the pelvis model and nothing else. It's meant as the lower half of a tabard on some of the newer torso models.

Blake the Boar

Plenty of loot armors have that little cloth, I'm just suggesting it to be available for custom crafted armors.