Loot power

Started by Letsplayforfun, September 23, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Butcher

I like the thrash system, if you don't like it, feel free to throw stuff in the trash pits instead! Even items being bought for one gold would be bad imo. The reason this stuff is thrashed is because its ~incredibly common~

Nobody wants to buy it, not even for one gold, I do like the idea of someone else using what I cannot and having to go through the embarrassment of rooting through ~refuse~ to get it!

DenGrasse

Quote from: Goblin Butcher;88897...The reason this stuff is thrashed is because its ~incredibly common~
Nobody wants to buy it, not even for one gold, ...
everyone steel weapon or armor is iron, base material for smiting etc. Simply iron-scrap. Without iron mines, this is the only one source of iron.

Goblin Butcher

DenGrasse, once metal rusts to a certain point it can't be salvaged, what could be made is bastard steel, which isn't very strong, nor suitable for weapons/armors.

johanmaxon

I like the new way it is. First I was too, "Oh my, what an powerful items, what have the DMs done!!" But, after playing a while I can see this smooths out with less gold/potions.

I like it.

Ommadawn

I like the new loot too, and don't consider it to be imbalancing. Ymph is a very dangerous place, and getting nicely themed loot with charges with a corresponding drop in potions and gold works well. From what I have witnessed, it also encourages people to use those items on others rather than the very personal nature of potions. How many people have been saved from the fugue by pearls, hm?  :p

All in all, good work IMO.

Likeafoxindeed

I dont actually think its that hard to earn coins. On my barb i could get a good few thousand coins a day. Some quest reward very nicely and "junk" you may not want somebody else likely will so sell things : P Also egon the monkey should be forced to resign his character to become a potion vendor!

Likeafoxindeed

oh coolest item i found has to be +1 breastplate +2 lore 1 charge use control undead. That was awesome. Loving the new loot in all. Especially when u point out to a human palladin there wearing a cloak made of human hair.

AClockworkMelon

This may not be a powerful loot item or anything... but I've noticed there are sets of armor turning up everywhere! I remember having to buy it on EfU, but here I keep seeing it on lots of the quests I've managed to run in my short time on the Archipelago.