faction + faction discussion

Started by Joe Desu, November 11, 2009, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Desu

I notice that many of the factions that folk make are all inclusive, based on a theme.  Fighters, magic users, clerics, rogues all are good as long as the follow the group theme.

I wonder how will a mercenary faction grow if there are no fighter-less factions for example that require their skills.  How will one mercenary faction compete with others in order to get contracts?  How would they deal with losing a contract to another new faction?

Of course if I had a group that was fighterless I would be hard pressed to hire any faction if I did not have tons of gold and treasure to hand out.  In order to get such riches, I would need a full self sufficient group of my own which would then cause little need for hiring mercenary groups.

Then again, if your faction is without a well rounded team, you might have issues questing or going about your business and I can understand wanting to have every type of PC in order to ensure safety and success.

As I am looking to get back into game with a new PC, I am trying to get a handle of what is there now and how a small number of people online, or at least online when I would play, and make it work.

Are there any groups without fighters that need to hire outside help?
Are there groups that need to hire outside tracker help?
Are there groups that need to hire xxxxx on a regular basis?
Or are all groups self suffucient or trying to become self sufficient?