EFUSS feedback

Started by Zelknolf, January 05, 2010, 02:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelknolf

A fairly minor suggestion:

Currently, when one gains skillpoints for the EFUSS system, there's a little message that says how many are gained and how many is available. Which is nice, to be sure, but it's not especially revealing about how to use them. There is, indeed, information on the site in the chat commands page, but as someone who didn't know they were used by a chat command, I didn't find this information until someone mentioned that there was a chat command for it.

It seems like changing the feedback to include a "Type /c efuss help for more information." could help out those who aren't on the forums and/or haven't mucked through the website well enough to find out about the system. Color tags being there to make it bluntly obvious what's supposed to go into the chat window.

Box

There actually is a "/c help" command already iirc,  you know.

FleetingHeart

Also, it is documented in the in game chat help. I believe "/c help chat" is the command that adds about 4-5 journal entries full of info.

Zelknolf

Indeed, but all of those things require that a player know about these things, none of which are accessible to someone who hasn't been told. So I'm just suggesting that the telling part be scripted in. Take five minutes, in that, to do.

Tanonx

Isn't there a big infodump about EFUSS in the character creation area? I know I learned about the system well before I entered the actual world.

Relinquish

Almost everyone of our players will respond to a newbies tell that asks such a question.

FleetingHeart

Quote from: Zelknolf;159664Indeed, but all of those things require that a player know about these things, none of which are accessible to someone who hasn't been told. So I'm just suggesting that the telling part be scripted in. Take five minutes, in that, to do.

/c help chat is well documented, my friend. It is all over the place.

Snoteye

The suggestion has some merit. I remember when writing the feedback and documentation that I had the exact same though. I chose not to include that bit to cut down on spam.

Is a message given when logging in if you have unspent skill points? Perhaps that would be a better change.

IxTheSpeedy

I like that idea Snoteye.