Halfling and Gnome Throwing

Started by UnholyWon, September 10, 2010, 04:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnholyWon

QuoteUnholyWon> In my PnP game last night I got to engage in Halfling and Gnome tossing. It was hilarious
I think there should be something implemented on the server that allows high strength characters to toss small folk
^
That is sweet, UnholyWon.
Post to suggestion forum, plz.
Don't chuck em halfling rogues though.
LOL
They will stab your knees.
I think the suggestion would fail, and in the eyes of the DMs I would be more then less than
A player tool.  If you have 16+ str, makes a check with DC vs. their discipline, then tosses the nearest small-sized character to target location.  An accompanying text command that allows people to set their DC to 0.
AKMatt> So people can willingly be tossed, or unwillingly.
Also, tossed PCs make a tumble check or take damage.
Could be very simply modified from Morts Boulder Throwing game script
Could act like a guard wand
That would take too long in quests.
that would be cool as a general perk
Yes.
Should dwarves be included?
I  think player tool is the best implementation, because it allows use in combat.  You can throw allies to safety, or into the fray whether you're being attacked or not

Is this possible? Can it please be implemented in the future?

Decimate_The_Weak

... Hm.

If you have 20 STR, can you throw ogres too?

Lenthis

... I would laugh if this was implimented.

GoblinSapper

To answer UnholyWon's question, No one tosses a dwarf.

Garem

I would be 100% for this but for one concern. Would this allow PCs to get to places they should not be?

If that could be prevented, I am utterly 100% for this idea. Really, it's just wrestling/street fighting as a player tool option to grab and throw.

On top of this, a player command to "hop" down from locations would be awesome-- just in case someone was throw somewhere undesirable.

AKMatt

This seems like a sweet idea, except of course, for the point Garem raised.

Johannes

I don't see the merits short of fleeting hilarity. My fear is that we would just be complicating the player interface over little or nothing.

Underbard

I seem to remember a dwarf tossing contest in the UD once upon a time.

Barehander

What, and make it even harder to take gnomes seriously? No thanks.

Gnomes are Serious Business, FFS!

derfo

throwing things can only be comedic, also using a throw someone button would be possibly the most mechanically taxing thing i can think of to do in efu. awesome. awesome suggestion

putrid_plum

I've been thrown IG, just to point that out, infact my pc was thrown up a mountain twice so... :P