Merchants of Death. (and other things)

Started by petey512, October 30, 2008, 05:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petey512

Alright so there have been two times when I have completely and thouroughly 150% enjoyed this server.

One was when I was a solo Vigilante with an uncanny love for alchemist fire and tarot cards.

The second was when I was making business deals with PCs and NPCs alike!!

Let's face it, the DMs have been suggesting we get an economy going IG, and yes, the Malaesta family is going to be a big part of that, but, the funnest thing one can do is start a business and make business agreements with other people!! Here's what I have in mind:

This isn't a thread for one faction but several, we need factions that:

Sell Cannons, Ballistas, Catapults, etc. etc. (and creates them)

Builds ships when money and wood is provided.

Sell goods alone! (like wood and other little things like plants, raw goods basically)

Sells alchemical items. (acid flask, alchemist fire, etc.)

Shady Black Markets are always okay.

Stoneshapers.

Tunneldiggers

Locksmithers!

Painters!

Furntiure Makers.

Truly anything you want.

You'd want gatherers and creators in each group. You might get NPCs recruited if your'e awesome.

Tips if you want to do this:

If you're going to craft items with DM help, get the craft trap skill focus. (for ships, ballistas and the like.)

If your going to be a gatherer, it'd be wise to be a decent scout. or a fighter, whatever.

Do try not to die, if you insist on making the faction reliant on you as a leader.

And finally, start out as a merchant of everything, that's the number-one way to get money. If you get decent items in about 3-4 quests one day, you can easilly make about 1500 goldpieces. From there, you can go on to bigger and better things.

There would truly, be a -ton- of interaction between these factions and factions that are more combat-oriented. One could end up selling to privateers, pirates, a thieves guild, the growing militia, etc. etc.

If you're interested in setting this up, say so, and tell what part you'd like to do. I'll end up joining the one with less members.

P.S. Sorry for the title, if it was just, "Merchants" I bet you wouldn't have looked at it. Though I'm sure you can be a merchant of death if you feel like it. ;P
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "