im sorry

Started by godofpaincc8, February 10, 2011, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godofpaincc8

players and DMs im sorry for exploding earlier i was just angry at yet another rejection and plus i had a bad day and another thing to tack on didnt help im sorry i made that post. Also a spiecal thanks to Garem for the message he sent me :D it was completely true.
We prefer creative and unique storytelling. That's why Ymph is such a  neat setting-- the entire story of Ymph comes from the creativity of our  DMs and players. The tales we weave are not inspired by anything but  our own input. Really, that's what roleplaying should be. The Forgotten  Realms just provides a starting point and some important details  (deities, races, subraces, etc) that we can look to.
im sorry everybody really. Now im going to go play right now and play my wizard i just made. Jearn Lyod i hope to make him a legend. See you guys and girls in game.:D:D

godofpaincc8

good idea

another thing good thinking howland. I think you made the right choice by locking my earlier discussion it made me think about what i was saying thanks for doing so ! :D

mucka1916

You don't need a special niche to make a special character on the server. What makes them special is their own personality and what it brings to the community. While making something "different" like a drow etc can bring a moment of Wow every so often, they become an automatic focus point of attention which normally means on the server you'll be dead within a day (Unless you're damn lucky and damn good and you -might- get a week)

The character that really shape the server and make it what it is are simple people from humble beginnings trying to survive. Trying to make a name for themselves. Trying to be someone.

It's up to you to make a character be the best they can and that'll be seen by DM's and all the players. So just chill, relax and enjoy.

godofpaincc8

i learned that just recently thanks for posting it anyway.

Aethereal

godofpaincc8, I have seen several of your characters firsthand, primarily back when I was playing Aessar. I detect great potential for you on EFU and am glad you have come to better terms with the setting here.

As folks have said, it is about creating a story, a unique story - the odd reference to the events of Faerun abroad are welcome, but it is not fundamental or in anyway required for fun here.

You make your story on Ymph, what your character was once, before their arrival, is merely your background and who you once were. It is quite likely that your time in Ymph will shape you and further mold you into something else and your past is merely a guide as to what avenue of Ymph your character will initially partake in.

Be it a servant of the dead lord of Murder, creating a cult of Bhaal seeking to punish murderers for their sins and disrespect to their deity or a kindly plump wizard-lord who makes friends with everyone he meets, spreading joy and knowledge... and falling into a dark path that leads to his demise... :P
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAoaCHdTJY]To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof[/url]

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

godofpaincc8

:D:D i know  im over the declining the continue of rufus and being denied the dark elf character. I just have to show the dms i can play.

Paha

It is not only about playing.

The process of writing application gives a clear picture of what you see that race or concept to be, and how would you use it.

People can write many things about how they want to be cool dark elves who rock the world, or how they can play them well and all that. What you need to show in application, is your understanding on how they fit efu world, and what are your plans as a lonely,hated and outcast race. It will not be easy. You can be killed on sight just for being a drow, or some other outcast race.

It's important to show that you have a clear sense of the risks, the danger and still have goals that can keep you interested and create fun events for others to enjoy it with you.

godofpaincc8

thanks

thanks for telling me that paha i needed to know that.

Pup

You'll be fine, I'm sure.

While specific goals and agendas are great, sometimes it's best to be open and let things unfold in front of you.  Play your character as a character, and see what happens.  I've had success with both routes, and epic failures on both routes.

Something will click if you let go and just play, I guarantee you.  Sometimes you'll get on a DM quest and get an item or a hint at something.  Sometimes you might just meet the right person, and hit something off.  You never know.

Just don't get too worried whether you "win", or "lose".
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Seanzie

Hmm... I forgive you.

godofpaincc8