Started by Howlando, March 27, 2011, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

[size=11]
[tface=fraktur]BUILD A QUEST[/tface]
[/size]
[tface=walter]An EfU Competition[/tface]
[/size]

Inspired in part by some of the legitimate concerns that it's never fun to repeat old quests, I'm starting a contest where players will have an opportunity to potentially create content that will become part of EfU.

This is how it will work.

First - send me a Private Message pitching me a concept (or several) for a scripted quest that would fit EfU.

If I like the idea, I'll say, "Great, now build it." I'll provide some basic instructions, but in general you won't need to worry much about scripting. If we decide to implement it, I'll of course polish it, adjust it, and implement it.

What you'd need to do is -

Do all your work in a specific module that you'd be willing to send me.

Have a strong and creative concept, something interesting.

A quest objective (for example, killing a boss NPC).

Build an area, hitting the right note in terms of not having too many placeables but making the area look interesting.

Use the standard bioware encounter system to spawn monsters (I can provide further guidance if needed).

If you like, make several chests in the area that you filled with degrees of quality of loot that would be found in chests in the area (low/medium/high/unique).

It's not necessary that you truly "finish" the quest, it's fine to submit something interesting that you think we could build off. Of course, the more polished something is the more likely we would incorporate it.

If we choose to incorporate your quest, not only will you have the satisfaction of having directly contributed towards the efu module, but you will get a personalized DM quest with a strong possibility of very heavy XP/loot reward.