EFU Census

Started by Dr Dragon, July 19, 2011, 08:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Dragon

I am doing an official Census to see the gender of the players of this server. A discussion on IRC inspired me to do this. Just answer the survey you need not reveal who you are.

Valo56

INVASION OF PRIVACY! >.<

But seriously.. once you put transgender and 'confused' in there.. no one's going to take this seriously (evident by there apparently being 4 and 3 of them, respectively). Not that this was likely serious at all, anyway. :P

Elytherin Dragonius

dear god! your really not gonna let this one go are you? *shakes head in bewilderment*

Caster13

If Caddies had nothing good to say about the ESA survey I can't wait to see what he says about this.

PlayaCharacter

Everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.

9lives

where my trannies at

Quote from: Valo56;251123INVASION OF PRIVACY! >.<

But seriously.. once you put transgender and 'confused' in there.. no one's going to take this seriously (evident by there apparently being 4 and 3 of them, respectively). Not that this was likely serious at all, anyway. :P

yeah, now we have 3 great answers to pick from instead of 1

Underbard

Relinquish

Doctor Dragon, Official Chief of Genitalia Counting

chezcaliente

I realise this poll is not particularly serious, but for anyone who actually cares...

A more accurate way to poll for this information is by being more specific about whether you are speaking on sex [biological], or gender [social identity].

The prior is best represented by Male, Female, Transsexual and Intersex as options.

The latter is best represented succinctly by Man, Woman, Transgender and Other [free text field]. You could expand these options dramatically depending on the type of data set you are polling.

If you are not sure what all of these terms mean, how they differ, and why you might use them; here's a great policy document regarding it:
http://www.wagenderproject.org/resources/CreatingGLBTQIAForms.pdf

Kinslayer988

I wish to avoid this conversation altogether.
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

petey512

Too many dicks on the dancefloor.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Wild Card

What's next Dr Dragon? A what's your sexual orientation poll? lol

Thou tun'st this World

This poll is creepy and I wish I'd never seen it.

Drakill Tannan

What i don't understand is what the "confused" option is for.. either you got a penis, a vagina or you had either and changed it through surgert. Male, female and trasgreder cover thouse. What's "Confused" for?