Password Protect the Server

Started by Dr Dragon, July 29, 2011, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Dragon

I am putting in a suggestion that by far will be the biggest revolution to EFUM. I say password protect the server, give all current registered forum members a PMED password. Make it also clear in the description that a password can be gotten.

Require an application to play on this server. This will reduce the influx of new players as well as keep out griefers, trolls, and spammers who log into this server. It will also reduce the number of noobs. While it wont put a complete halt to new players  it would ensure we are getting the best.

I say keep the noobs out and implement this suggestion.

SanTelmo

DRD, you would not receive a password in a PM. Sorry to tell you this, but we all think you are a huge noob.

But. I still approve this post 119%
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Coldburn

Today's noobs are tomorrow's vets.

Mac_Scrooge

Instead of scorning newbs, and separating chaff from wheat, why not teach these "noobs" the art of roleplaying? No one's perfect from the onset and elitism will not get you anywhere.

Coldburn

Just as a clarification; the reason why this will never happen is the same reason EFU does not use HAKs on the module - the DMs want to keep it easily accessable to new players. The circle of life must continue. The new grow old, the old leave, new players join again.

Coldburn

Halfbrood

One of the founding principles of EFU, afaik, was to ensure it remained jump on and jump in, so to speak. A password would destroy this.

SanTelmo

Lets get back to the Underdark, please. We had less noobs and more real story in here

Halfbrood

Keep trollin', see what happens.

SanTelmo

Coldburn

"Pay toll to troll, ten jinglies", was a piece of artwork. It cracks me up every time I hear it.

Caster13

New players are a wonderful thing, the life blood of the server (or is it the life blood producing bone marrow?).

Griefers, trolls, and spammers... In my many years of playing here, I can only recall witnesses two instances of griefing/trolling, and they were dealt with pretty swiftly by the DMs.

Talir

Locked for obvious reasons.