Ridiculous names

Started by KillerKan, January 27, 2012, 01:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerKan

I am not going to point any fingers here, but I actually feel my intelligence is insulted by all the ridiculous names I have been seeing in the last couple weeks.

Is this really how it's supposed to be? I didn't think this was an action server, are people going to start tossing up clan tags next?

Urlen

MirrorMask

While i realize that at least one of these names is legit, it's a bit breaking of immersion.  Or, rather, a constant reminder that I am playing a game with mmo'ers.

The King Of Beasts

I am Desmon the Horrid

I am Gary the Gygax

I am Bombadil the Singer

I am Random Elf Name the Cruel

The King Of Beasts

Quote from: KillerKan;272400I am not going to point any fingers here, but I actually feel my intelligence is insulted by all the ridiculous names I have been seeing in the last couple weeks.

Is this really how it's supposed to be? I didn't think this was an action server, are people going to start tossing up clan tags next?

On a more serious note, DMs used to enforce naming regulations. <.< I wish they would again.

DeputyCool

I think this can safely be said to fall under the category of mind how you play, and let the DMs do the regulating. We will monitor peoples names; your only duty is to play! Let us worry about the administration.

If you have a specific complaint about how someones name is absurd, I suppose you should feel free to contact us! But trust that we will take players with ridiculous names aside and ask them to change them, if we find them to be against our vision of how PC's should name themselves. Theres nothing to be gained by decrying the failing state of EFU's naming policies.

Calculor

wow look at me i am a hater immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssiooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Stop this passive-aggressive nonsense, ladies. If we see a name that doesn't belong, we will crack down. You guys don't need to policing that, and certainly not in a way to insult others in public!

Calculor

KillerB

Have to agree with the OP honestly . . .

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see clan tags next this is getting to be too much, are we playing an MMO ???

core

Silly thread. Closed!