The legend of the Wyvern

Started by xXCrystal_Rose, March 07, 2012, 02:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXCrystal_Rose

This character was created on Saturday, July 30th, 2011 at 07:25:12 AM.
Since creation, this character has logged on and off 310 times.
The character has spent 11 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 36 seconds online.

After thinking back on the Battalion of the Locked Rose I remembered how fun it was being a bitch. The problem is, whenever I make such a character, she ends up being -liked- more and more the more aggressive and spiteful it is. Kara was meant to change that. To be hated by all, friend and enemy. Still didn't work unfortunately, as the more savage and violent she was the more people were drawn to her.

I despise people who title themselves, and Kara never did. When meeting people she only calls herself Kara and lets other people sing her praise for her. She has received many, many names however by others.

P.S., you buggers will finally get a peek at -some- of her massive hoard!

I don't have many screenshots of her earlier days. I panic when in fights, so I missed the chance to screenshot the ENORMOUS Great Wyvern she battled, which became her totem animal and guardian spirit.

The withering was a constant battle for her that took the help of everyone in order to suppress. It wasn't too much of a surprise when I logged in one day to be fully undead! It was promptly corrected though ^^

Only three wizards have ever earned the trust of the superstitious barbarian. Amadeus, who flooded the covetous Tiamatan with magic items, giving her a reason to protect him. Gorfin, who was instrumental in helping against the withering. Lastly is Neerix, because VP is consistently amazing, and she introduced Kara to Glaurophynaxa and all sorts of interesting people.

Making heads explode with her wyvern buddy Chrelkoos, and River in the background.

The Stewards gave Kara new purpose. The last two times I applied for Stewards the characters died the day it was approved. At least Kara lasted a little bit longer past approval!

Kara and Castor Erasmus. Last time Kara interacted with one of his character she clobbered his face. Mulhorandi scum, even if an ally. He met Kara and recognized her by her reputation as most do, and his story drew Kara in immediately. Enjoyed the rp between these two characters immensely. A man calm on the surface, whose inner fury can match even Karas. Always supported and encouraged her wonton violence.

Now the part I know everyone is waiting for. The hoard. It's total value is well over 50k gold if liquidated, by a large margin. I don't have screenshots of all the rare items, or all the large/small/normal diamonds and other things. She kept everything from gold rings to holy chalices, chalices or the light, moonlight orbs and -anything- that had resemblance to gems, precious metals, or magical artifacts. Here are the screenshots of her more prominent articles.

She also had trophies, like Ettercap Silk Glands, Ivory Gloomwing Mandible, Pit Fiend Ichor (poison) and such things as signs of victory against rare or challenging foes.

Back from the last big elf phase, when the server became flooded with elf killing equipment. She also had a Ghula's Spare Ring, and that used to be her primary ring paired with this item.

Not useful in combat, but whatever DM made this just tickled me to the core. It's a beautiful decorative piece and I just loved it.

The description of this says it all. Yes, those are three of her White Stag Antlers you see in her inventory there.

An artifact of the Stewards back from the days of the Underdark, entrusted into Kara's care. One day it burned up.

When all others fled and refused to fight, Kara rushed in and slew two orc heroes, a sneak attacking archer (Hell on low ac characters, let me tell you that!) and two Chosen of Gaathmar. By herself. For that she was rewarded by the lurking Shargaas Disciple, who backed away after his first cheap shot to watch her rampage. With this ring and her other options, including the Wyldwater ring, she ended up becoming basically immune to death spells and had I think it was +17 or +18 vs fear.

When Kara was only level 3 she started picking fights with clerics, even level 9 clerics. Her raw aggression caused all of them to back down from her before fights broke out. When she hit level 6 for the first time the Targan Arena opened up, and she entered, and won. That event shaped the development of who she came to be. Now for the wyvern stinger flail you've all come to know as her symbol. +25 vs poison in total, she did indeed have the blood of the wyvern in her veins, and would have died in the arena from the poison if the lesser restoration came even a half second later.

And that is Kara. Not my most successful character, but right up there with Claire Aseph and Veronica Mesmerte. I hope you all got to enjoy the rp she has spawned for you, even if the encounters with the savage may not have been pleasant.

Feel free to post your worship for the memory of Kara Arashil below, and mention what names and titles your characters used for her!

Spiffy Has

A simply incredible  character.

LiAlH4

Tremarus didn't know her that well; I believe their single interaction swiftly devolved into violence!

That said, great screenshots and well done! :)

Caster13

I've watched Kara from the perspective of numerous characters and she was fun to watch. Awesome work Crystal_Rose. Looking forward to your next!

Pandip

Kara was one of those characters that was nothing but entertaining to be around. Between her interactions, your expressive emoting, and just her general desire to collapse the head of any priest in her general vicinity, it was awesome to be able to hang out with her for as long as I was able to. And that scene with Brynhildr was just amazing -- and definitely had effects that lasted weeks after the incident!

Good stuff. I caught a screenshot of her end:

[hide="Kara"][/hide]

MexicanGunslinger

A beautiful current with fantastic depth and wanton wanting.

Prairial Twenty-Two

I deeply regret not getting to RP more with her!

AllMYBudgies

I can't quite imagine Ymph without Kara stalking the wilds. She was an awesome force to be around, always getting the sense of her unabridged craziness behind that cold exterior.

A wonderful and exciting character, XCR. I can't wait to see what you've got in store next.

EveryoneIsAWinner

o.o Why is it when ever I cannot log in due to something in RL, you get maimed by people. Evvvverrrryyy timmmeee, Bah! Lol Was awsome being her stoogie and playing with her.

I think my character calling her the huntress summed up what you were, clearly someone you didn't mess with normally.

Prairial Twenty-Two

Quote from: Pandip;277729Good stuff. I caught a screenshot of her end:

[hide="Kara"][/hide]

The chatlog (complete with 6-AM-typoes) to go with the above screenshot, proving that Kara held her head high all the way until the end:

Aethereal

She rests now in the halls of the Einherjar, awaiting the great conflict between the Gods of War.

I never even saw her in her later life, although I enjoyed the curious relationship built around magical bestowment for sheer brawn between her and Amadeus.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Questing Knight

Still remember her reaction when I told the greedy, evil wyvern disciple that I'd spent all of her gold on charity xD.  Priceless and consistently well played as a loathsome wyvernesque hoarder.

mucka1916

KAra was a brilliant PC. Had some great interactions with her even when she was kerb-stomping me. Can't wait to see your next one XCR!