Clairvoyance and GSF Divination

Started by XS3, January 14, 2013, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS3

My character is Balasar Irri (account XS3) and I'm currently a lvl 5 cleric with the protection and plot domain (the last one being what gives me access to this spell) and with greater spell focus divination.

I asked a DM and I was told that even if I am not a wizard I am supposed to receive this bonus:
QuoteIf the caster has GSF: Divination and targets themselves, then they will also receive a glowy eye effect and 10/+1 damage reduction to represent a sort of minor form of premonition (consolation for missing out on ghostly visage).
But I am not. Not the glowy eye effect, nor the damage reduction.

Moreover the duration of the spell is of one minute and a half, so exactly 15 rounds while from what is written here:
QuoteClairvoyance/Clairaudience [...] 2rounds/level.
QuoteDouble duration for SF: Divination.
QuoteDouble again for GSF: Divination.
the duration should be 8 rounds/lvl, so 4 minutes.

Guttersnipe

There was some talk a while back about how it made diviners impossible to sneak  around, either with invisibility or stealth, especially if they extended both C&C and See Invisibility. As a result I'm pretty sure that the actual durations and effects have changed from what you now see documented, the duration lowered specifically and the glowing eyes removed, though I don't know about the DR.

Ebok

Either that or I think some of the GSF effects are meant only to provide specialized wizards with the boons.

Miss Match

This is what I managed to find out for you:

Only wizards with the divination spell school receive the glowy eyes effect and the damage reduction (to compensate for their loss of ghostly visage and invisibility as spells). The duration has been tweaked dramatically due to its overpoweredness. It is nerfed to about 2/7th of the duration that it would be lasting according to the changed mechanics description.

Hope this helps.

Miss Match

This is what I managed to find out for you:

Only wizards with the divination spell school receive the glowy eyes effect and the damage reduction (to compensate for their loss of ghostly visage and invisibility as spells). The duration has been tweaked dramatically due to its overpoweredness. It is nerfed to about 2/7th of the duration that it would be lasting according to the changed mechanics description.

Hope this helps.

Edit: gsf divination for a wizard with that same spell school would put the duration at 1.79 round/level.

Miss Match

Double post, check out the next one

River Walker

FWIW, almost none (if any) the new cleric domain spells as well as the additional override spells (Teleport, Masochism, etc) work and play well with metamagic feats or with the "house rules" spell changes. As a general rule, you probably should not design builds that rely on these combinations because I have never had them work as intended.

XS3

Thanks for the answers.

Could a DM confirm this, just to make sure?

(Btw, it's lasting 3 rounds/lvl for me. I also tested see invisibility, the lvl 2 domain spell from plot, and gsf divination is working as intended with it)

SanTelmo

No bugs. None has just updated stuff.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip