Optional Character Impairment

Started by Talir, February 09, 2013, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talir

As I'm sure some of you have already discovered the super-secret new addition to the starting area, I'll just go ahead and announce for the rest as well. After creating a character you now have the chance to choose -- voluntarily! -- one or more impairments for your character. These provide zero benefits but is an opportunity to give a certain flaw to the PC, another obstacle for him or her to overcome in the pursuit of the chosen goals. The current impairments and negative attributes associated are:

Limb loss:

[INDENT]1 of the following:
  • Left Hand (5% arcane spellfailure).
  • Left Forearm (10% arcane spellfailure)
  • Left Arm (20% arcane spellfailure)

In addition, no two-handed weapons, weapons, shields (except buckler for loss of only the hand) or torches can be put in the left hand slot. It accounts for creature size for the player races.

1 of the following:
  • Left Leg
  • Right Leg

Either incur a 20% movement speed decrease.

To help with the limb losses, there are two new chat commands that modify the worn armor to show the disfigurement properly. These are:

[INDENT]/c disfigurement armor_apply

To remove armorparts that otherwise conceal the limb loss. For legs, you get a nice peg leg. It changes the armor based on what you have lost.

/c disfigurement armor_remove

To bring the armor back to original. This command can be used by anyone, limbless or otherwise.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Other weakness:

[INDENT]You can choose any and all of these:
  • Dark Vulnerability
  • Light Vulnerability
  • Dark Weakness (damage in dark areas)
  • Light Weakness (damage in light areas i.e. sunny places)
  • Racking Cough (Penalties as time passes, curable by a special brew)
  • Flies (social stigma)
[/INDENT]

Should this not be enough, feel free to ask a DM to remove ability scores to further represent your flaws. I know there's some problems with effects not properly applying themselves as well as left hand slot not unequipping (but you get a message about it). I'll get those fixed soon.

Enjoy?