Barthimus Reidt - H'balan Rover

Started by Corrigo, February 15, 2013, 12:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrigo

Yes of -course- he was H'balan! When was he H'balan? Well, from day one.

Barthimus Reidt was a Sharran explorer of Ymph. Walking the jungles for several years, at long last he succumbed to the whispers of the Maiden in his dreams. He then decided to infiltrate the Wyrm Watchers and support her cult from within.

What could have given it away? He had a tell - whenever he was being a dishonest lying fuck he would rub the back of his neck in pain. Some of you may have seen it sometime. You might have also noticed that he went from pretty much unwithered to heavily withered in about a day. That was from eating withered treats.

Special thanks:

Players in the Wyrm Watchers, the H'balan cult, Order, Iron Legion, DMs - wcsherry the H'bala DM, Talir the Wyrm Watcher DM, Paha for letting me do that bit at the end, Johannes for overseeing the ensuing shitstorm, and I'm sure I've forgotten some of you who have done cool stuff.

Really big props to the player of Ronald Fryth for your attitude towards me at the end. Seldom have I felt like such a badass while playing EFU.

To all of you considering playing a H'balan cultist: it is loads of fun and you will see loads of cool stuff. Is it hard? To be honest, it's not much harder than playing a nature PC, all the same rules apply. Especially if you're a secret cultist, you won't be KOS, and all you really need to do to keep secret is stay away from those goddamn mist censers.

Okay! Screenshots. I don't have many, the run was only a few weeks. Also, some screenshots I swear I'd made are missing, so I must've not made them. Nevertheless:

The Withering

Bullshitting

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Iron Legion. This has got to be the most hilarious battlecry I have ever heard.

This is the conversation that eventually lead to tonight's mass PvP.

[hide="Spoilers"]So we see Marius Lockleede being accused of theft, trying to break into Cornelius' exhibit. Marius later got arrested for that theft, a situation which lead to his death and the ensuring quest for revenge.

Little did anyone know that the one who tried to break into Cornelius' case with acid was, in fact, mr. Barthimus Reidt. He'd finished not ten seconds before the others walked in, and snuck out behind them while they were inspecting the case. Sadly, I didn't get what we were after.

To this day I do not know what Paha meant with 'the acid shizzles'.[/hide]