Delving Footlocker: Lockable?

Started by SergeantWombat, February 20, 2013, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergeantWombat

After some OOC discussion, it's come to my attention that the lockbox in the Delving bunk room should probably have restricted access.

It's obviously possible (and intended) for dwarves to borrow equipment from the chest freely, but I've been told by multiple players that it's common for non-Dwarves to pay the 75 gold to pass through the Delving and pop in to ransack the chest. Players are, I'm under the impression, supposed to inform the DMs when this is done, but I and others don't think everyone's playing fair.

I know the Delving isn't, at least at this time, an official "association" (though I think it would be beneficial to consider making it one...), but it is the closest thing to participating in a faction for many Dwarven PCs, and at least some measure of exclusivity would be appreciated when it comes to equipment we discuss and leave for other specific PCs in a private Player Faction forum. With the dwarf population receiving a recent boom, we already have QUITE a few dwarf PCs passing through and plucking from what's there; greedy dwarves within the Delving nabbing loot designated for other dwarves is something that can be handled internally, but I personally feel like the room and chest being open to whomever walks right past Delilah to go locker-diving isn't reflective of the slightly xenophobic and certainly mistrustful nature of dwarves or the Delving. If this means earning the right to a key to the chest, so be it.

Obviously, this requires the implementation of some kind of key/rune/item, and I'm not the best person to figure out the rationality/feasibility of the mechanics of that with my limited understanding of scripting, but I think this concern is one of a few that might warrant the re-examining of the Delving as possibly moving into more formal association territory.

Summary: Please let us lock our things up, as we're already sharing a limiting 20-space locker between nearly a dozen of us!

Blue41

Gazers had a similar issue back in Efu:a with the bag of unneeded things- PCs would stroll past Gazers PCs, rummage through the bag and head out with zero interaction. A lock was never added, but it makes a good deal more sense for dwarves of the delving, who are no less distrustful of outsiders. I don't know what it would take to implement this kind of thing, but it would certainly be appreciated.

Sobeit

Perhaps move it into the brewery and put a lock on the brewery door. And maybe have Orris have an option of brewery key for a credit point or two. Nobody should be going in brewery except dwarves anyway.

Jayde Moon

These were all sort of 'understood' to be potential problems when the request to have the chest put in was first made.

It's not going to change, I don't want to deal with 'keys' for this player faction.

That said, anyone caught metagaming the items from the chest will have their PC immediately retired.