EFU:CoR Leaving/Returning Posts

Started by Howlando, July 14, 2013, 11:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

Time to clean up the forums a bit and have a fresh thread for a fresh chapter.

Quote from: EFU PolicyIt is fine to make a post in this forum saying you'll be gone for a certain period of time due to holiday/traveling/FAILING PE/wedding or some other concrete reason.

It is fine to, having ceased playing EfU completely for a substantial period of time, to return and say hello and mention that you've not been interested/not had time/whatever and mention that if people want to get in touch with you, they should send an e-mail, and perhaps take a moment to wish EfU a fond fare well.

It is no longer fine to log onto the forums after deciding to quit and make a big, "I am leaving forever, goodbye!" post.

If you want to no longer play EfU, that is fine. But please give it a few days before announcing this to the community. It is just ridiculous to me when people make big, angry goodbye posts due to temporary frustration and return to playing once they calm down. It is unnecessary and foolish and not an appropriate use of this forum.

Garem

Guess I'll kick us off.

I did not think I'd ever come back to EfU, but here I am to see this thing through. I quit for school, and trying to grow up. I found other places and pleasures to pass the time, and met great people. I guess it took two years to realize, you can't "grow up" from this. Storytelling is not a child's game, it's a core human talent, trait, and need. It's a part of who I am, and I suspect, who we all are.

It is high time to come home, with fresh eyes. I don't know how long I will stay as new challenges (career, relationships, etc.) come up, but I'm glad to be back for now.

See you guys in IRC, and in game soon enough.

derfo

Welcome back!!!!!!!

wcsherry

Finally, some good news. Garem come home!

One_With_Nature

Can't believe I missed the end of efu:m D:

hoping to return in about 4 weeks after successfully blowing up my computer like a bawse

Can be sure I will be stalking the forums in the meantime

Until then!

own

RuinedDesires

I wondered where you had got too! Looking forward to seeing you back man!

Ommadawn

The call of EfU was just too strong. I'm back.

Ebok

Peace Yo. I'll be back later maybe. Either the server isn't a place for me anymore, or I cannot return to startup level ranges and have fun. I'll show back up at some point, when its all a bit more fleshed out. Probably.

Spiffy Has

Echoing Ebok's sentiments, as well as my own issues, I will not be playing efu until I am particularly inspired (with an arnold howardson epic character or Allivarn Fireheart "to my roots" awesome), so until them, I wish everyone the  best of luck. I wish to enjoy newer games and dally about with my new job and the prospects of finally getting a girl friend.

core

Heavyfog

Gonna be away for this weekend. Probably won't be back IG till Sunday evening. See ppl then.

Doom

Been a long time since I've played in EFU but eager to make my return. Everything looks so amazing.

Kinslayer988

Gone mountaineering for the weekend. Be back Tuesday.
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Wrexsoul

Working my last week of summer camp - I'll be out of commission until thursday or friday, but after that I'll have a week and a half of full-time relaxing (=EfU!) before work starts, so if you want to do stuff with Wesk, have patience until then. :)

Random_White_Guy

A close friend got put in the hospital, so concepting a new PC and causing a ruckus with D_I takes a back seat to RL.

I'll be back when I'm back.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips