Planetside 2: Escape from Auraxis

Started by Knight Of Pentacles, August 01, 2013, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheRooftop

Have an NC on Waterson with the character name of Scrubbery. I'm pretty bad at this game, though. :<

Vlaid

If you guys can decide on a server, I might be interested in playing again.
[url=https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706473.msg747918#msg747918]The Entirely True Legends of Velan Volandis[/url]

Knight Of Pentacles

The server will be Matherson.

Or emerald i guess

Pool

Quote from: FromTheRooftop;347599Have an NC on Waterson with the character name of Scrubbery. I'm pretty bad at this game, though. :<

Getting chased by about 100 or so Vanu/Terran can make anyone's score look bad. An Engineer fixing things, a Heavy Assault rocket launching a vehicle, a Medic reviving someone, an Infiltrator covering the area with a motion dart or a Max Suit sitting up front is still contribution to the team. It doesn't help that the NC's guns are shit tier.

Also, for anyone looking to start playing this game, or recently started and are unsure of what to invest in, here is my recommendation list.

Suit slot.
Nanoweave. Nanoweave stops you from being instagibbed by mines, Infiltrator sniper rifles and buys you a few seconds in a barrage of enemy gunfire. Bump this up to at least 4. If the NC's starter gun wasn't so crap, I'd advise you pumping this up first, because it will save you in so many situations.

Class abilities.
If you're Heavy Assault:
Resist Shield. The Mesh Generator is crap, don't bother. The Resist  Shield reduces the damage to pretty much nothing, while the Mesh  Generator just soaks one or two shots without damage. It's about 500  certs to max this, but it's worth it.

If you're a Combat Medic:
Nano-Regen Device. It's very cheap to bump up. It's the Combat Medic's survivability by healing themselves without investing in Restoration Kits. It also heals everyone who's next to you, so you can turn it on while you're in a gunfight and are next to teammates while shooting at the enemy.

When about to shoot someone, or getting shot at, have this on, you'll regen health as you get shot. It's very handy.

If you're a Light Assault:
Jump jets. The alternative is great for pursuing someone, but the default set of jets allow you to fly upwards, and that is a big save for this class.

If you're a Engineer:
Anti-Vehicle Mana turret. It instagibs Max suits and hurts vehicles a lot. You can also hold down Q and change it into a ammo box, so replacing the ammo box isn't too bad.

If you're using a Max Suit:
I personally prefer Charge, but some people prefer the Aegis shield. In theory, teammates can hide behind you while you soak up bullets for them.

Weapons.

All classes.

Submachine guns. For dueling Heavy Assaults, I'd recommend the Cyclone for its high damage. For general Infantry gunning, the Blitz, because its rate of fire is incredibly high. Get the Improved Laser Sight on both. If you're an Infiltrator who likes sneaking up on people and peppering them to death, or you're going close quarters, it's a good fit.

Pistols. The Desperado is a good close quarters pistol. A pocket SMG, much like the Terran's burst pistol. Get it with a laser sight. Not a high priority to get though, because the default Magshot is still lethal.

Don't buy the other pistol. It's crap.

If you're an Infiltrator:
Bolt Driver if you're a sniper. It reduces bullet drop and lead aiming at high distances.

If you're a Combat Medic:
GR-22. It's a monster at close quarters and medium range, with a rate of fire matching the Blitz. Swiss cheeses just about anything short of a Max suit. 250 certs, get it with a foregrip. I prefer a 1x scope.

NS-11. It's a good medium to long range gun with great accuracy and minimum recoil. Get with at least a 2x scope, a foregrip and a compensator.

If you're a Heavy Assault:
NS-15M. It's very reliable. High accuracy, minimum recoil and a mag limit of 50. Get with a 2x scope, a foregrip and a compensator.

The Gauss Saw. I can never get this gun working and personally believe it's crap, but some people say that with a fore grip and a compensator it is stupidly lethal with 200 damage per shot and long range. It's the stock NC Heavy Assault Light Machine gun.

The Decimator Rocket Launcher. It one shot kills jump jets, just about one shot kills Max Suits and hurts armor extremely bad.

The Phoenix Rocket Launcher. You can shoot it from cover and guide it yourself. You can also snipe infantry with it if you're accurate enough, which is hilarious.

If you're a Engineer or Light Assault:

Gauss Compact S. It's not that heavy of a weapon, but you can put a Grenade Launcher on it. Grenade Launchers punch massive holes in Max armor and instagib infantry. You can also resupply yourself ammo if you're an Engineer and infinitely rain grenades on the enemy.

GD-7F. For exchanging punches, this thing fires pretty fast and mauls whoever's on the business end. Get a foregrip.

NS-11C. It's a good medium to long range weapon and is accurate for the most part. Like most other NS guns, I recommend the foregrip, compensator and 2x scope.

If you're using a Max Suit:
Grinder. It's pretty much the Scatter cannon and it's cheaper than buying another Scatter for 1,000 certs. Get an extended mag.

Utilities.

C4. Good for killing Max suits. You can brick a tank with two of them.

Restoration kits. It works just like the Nano-Regen device. Cheaper to pull and buy in bulk. Have these if you're playing a class that can't heal itself.

Heal kits. Straight 100 health, no regen. More expensive. I personally would advise against it.

HalflingPower

Terran Republic for life.

Scum

Knight Of Pentacles

Been updated with essential info.  If you made no further posts, it would be appreciated.

well fck that igues

DangerousDan

i play NC (due to my gay friends liking the gay blue boys- up the TR!) on cobalt EU if anyone cares
i walked one morning to the fair

Lannister

I only play NC because they have the biggest tank..

Pool

KoP and I spent all night doing this with Max Suit drive-bys.

Hossin should be coming out this month. Are you SCRUBS ready for that?

Big Orc Man

This game started out fun but got crazy boring.

Decimate_The_Weak

Is this even worth it? I might download it if someone can convince me too. I can't get proper opinions on it besides from BOM.

xXCrystal_Rose

Glad I reread this! Did not know engineers could get grenade launchers o.o Looks like my cowardly engi ass is going to be saving up for a new toy.

Pool

Some screenshots I've been collecting since my new video card. They're not that special or high quality, but whatevs. These are POVs of New Conglomerate and Terran Republic. I'm still taking more.

Pool

Optimization patch coming October 3rd.

Hossin due to come in mid to late October.

New helmets for Terran Republic, Vanu Sovereignty and New Conglomerate.

Pool

About a year old or so, but to anyone still looking to join those of us still playing, our server Mattherson has merged with Waterson and has turned into Emerald.

Hossin comes out this thursday, so I'm told.