10th Anniversary Post

Started by Pup, March 05, 2016, 01:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pup

My forum anniversary is still weeks away, but I found this server weeks before.  Here in the Underdark.  Now everything has come back around.

You all have been a huge part of my life, when times were good but especially when times were bad.

Sometimes I’ve been cool, and sometimes I’ve been a dick.  But EfU was always here.  I lack the poetic ability to properly express how much it has meant to me.

All I can say is thank you.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

I know it’s silly, and many may laugh, but you all have been there when others weren’t.   Through hospital time and other bad times I could always come here and find refuge.  An escape from the BAD.

I don’t know what else to say or how else to say it.  You all are great and I love you all.

Special thanks to Howland for his endless patience and keeping this wonderful world alive to come back to when I needed.  I could never do it, but God Damn I am thankful.

Endless love to you all, apologies to anyone I ever hurt or insulted, but keep it up.  This is a special place, as silly as that may sound.

I cannot wait to see what comes, and the fickle gods willing, I will be there to see and participate.

I love you all.

--Pup
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Random_White_Guy

From our crazy fun on Wolfspider back to THE_BEFORE_TIME palling around with your awesome tempuran arena master in EFU:1, it's been a fun ten years bud.

Here's to ten more!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Kotenku

Hot diggity dang. I've been playing EFU for the most formative years of my life. I met my Wife in EFU1. It's a comfort to me, and a part of my life that I have this game, this community, and this world to keep coming back to when real life allows it. I'm not sure that any of us expected EFU to last ten years, but here we are, with plenty of interest to keep the world going for years to come.

Thanks, everybody.

morva

Bearic

Manus... Bellringer!

EventHorizon

It's been a pleasure spilling the new blood of an old immigrant here. Hopefully there are barrels and barrels to come!

Aethereal

A close friend once remarked to me the value of such a refuge, a Sanctuary (if you will) best summarised by the intro sequence to 'Cheers,' where everybody knows your name. It's nice to have such a place and I think EFU is one such place for much of its community.

Live long and prosper, Pup.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAoaCHdTJY]To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof[/url]

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

SatelliteMind

Haven't played in awhile but planning on getting back into it; happy to see that EFU is still running and am looking forward to the times ahead

Conan The Conqueror

Happy Anniversary! Having a drink and enjoying the fond memories.

Rocinante

Holy shit is it Conan from CoA?

Snoteye

:D

(My happy-smiley is broken.)

AKMatt

Happy EfUnniversary, Pup!