On being booted

Started by Zerminar12, October 01, 2016, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerminar12

Sorry if I've posted this to the wrong section of the forum, but recently I've been booted by the server. I did do some alterations (optional haks and stuff) and am not sure if this caused the problem. I uninstalled NVN and the EFU launcher then reinstalled both a couple times and it hasn't improved my situation. I've been able to get into character selection and select a character but as soon as I press play either I see the loading screen for less than a minute and it crashes or I direct connect and get booted. If this isn't a technical issue and I'm being deliberately banned from the server I'd like to know what behavior of mine caused it and how I could rectify it so as to return a better and active member of the community. If it simply is a tech issue or something of a non-deliberate nature than I'd like assistance in fixing this. It says I'm being booted but I've been told that could just be hak issues. Thank you for any quick and effective responses, I enjoy EFU quite a bit so I'd like to ramify the problem as soon as possible.
What has been, it is what will be, And what has been done, it is what will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

zDark Shadowz

Yeah this is the wrong place for these kinds of posts. It's possible rather than a hak issue you might have something in your override folder that modifies class or character feat/attributes associated with a class, if you've played on other servers which required such for custom levelling systems.

This would invalid characters and cause auto-boots on servers where legal character toggle is turned off for permitting their own character modifications, but run scripts to prevent outside character modification from occurring.

Zerminar12

Thanks, sorry about posting this here.
What has been, it is what will be, And what has been done, it is what will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

Thisfreakinguy

Seen this happen before. Try turning all graphic options down to lowest possible settings.

EventHorizon

Bug Reports or DM Questions and Answers! :}

Edit: I stand corrected!

NothingGoldCanStay

This is a fine place to ask questions about NWN Specific defects tbh. Booting can happen for all kinds of reasons, from illegal characters (Using Overrides of another server may make a character illegal) to the server lagging...

Zerminar12

Thank you all, I found out the issue was my CD key. It was previously used.

Howlando

I don't mind people posting about issues like this here.

Glad it was resolved!

zDark Shadowz

Quote from: zDark Shadowz;n667302It's possible rather than a hak issue you might have something in your override folder that modifies class or character feat/attributes associated with a class, if you've played on other servers which required such for custom levelling systems.

This would invalid characters and cause auto-boots on servers where legal character toggle is turned off for permitting their own character modifications, but run scripts to prevent outside character modification from occurring.