Demon Ritual ala Druid Ritual

Started by Random_White_Guy, October 04, 2016, 06:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

The idea to have a long-term demon summoning ritual that unleashes a giant "Agony of the Hunt" style terror NPC that rips through an area for X amount of time causing damage and conflict but also allowing drama and tension and PCs something to rally against.

Given that the druid ritual is kinda benign in nature and has the SG still after it I'd say it'd be cool to add an additional incentive and the unleashed demon just being a "Side-effect". Offering per-reest loot, buffs, or etc to the demon summoner but also a giant rampaging hellbeast.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

zDark Shadowz

Maybe a release tool for the Planar Binding spells could do this too? +2 bonus your summoning theme with reagents, find a greater planar binding scroll and let them loose :P

Charnelist

Some of these suggestions sound very much in line with the chaotic magic now suffusing our world.
Bravo, I say!

EventHorizon

Color me red with interest.

1-800 Planar

Perhaps some cost can be associated with this to either speed the process up or just to receive any reward beyond a Murderous Mass of Hell-flesh made manifest into the prime material?

Pentaxius

Necromancers have release undead.

Druids have their ritual.

I agree it would be neat for diabolists/demonologist to have one of their own. A good way to grow an infamous reputation!

zDark Shadowz

Release Planar Binding... Break out all your summoning reagents :)

Rocinante

This sounds totally and utterly awesome