Ophelia Ashmar: The Chaos Priestess

Started by Dina, February 18, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dina

I normally never make obituaries, so I haven't got any screenshots, but here goes.

Ophelia Ashmar was born and raised in the city of Silverymoon. At a young age she was given to the clergy of Mystra to be raised as one of the old Goddess of Magic's priestesses. However, despite her efforts she was never able to call upon divine power to flow through her. With Tezzeret's Triumph and the rising of the Red Star, the clergy of Mystra and much of Silverymoon was thrown into turmoil. But when many of her fellow clergy members found despair, Ophelia found that she had a connection to the new Goddess of Magic. She was able to draw power from Mystryl and with this revelation, she threw herself into the dogma of the Prophet Tezzeret.

She started out a very simple concept.  I'm not very good mechanically at the game, but I still wanted to be useful in fights somehow.  So a few of my friends helped me make Ophelia Ashmar around the concept of being able to craft a huge variety of divine potion, wands and scrolls.  Early on Stranger told me about the Cradle of Mystryl on the surface and how getting there could be my character's end goal.  I agreed, but I never thought I would actually make it there.  As I kept playing her, I fell in love with cleric and the religion of Mystryl.  Preaching the good word of baby-killing Mystryl was always fun.  

Ophelia started out a typical Spellguard shill, wanting to use their power to help promote Mystryl as the state religion of Sanctuary.  And it worked for quite a while until one of her most active followers turned out to be a Dread Thrall and Mystryl herself revealed the truth to Ophelia.  This revelation along with the Collective and Covenant both trying to manipulate her sent her deep into paranoia and she suspected betrayal from everyone near her, except Lina who she saw as too innocent to have a hidden agenda.

When she met Miriam, she came out of her shell and found someone she could trust.  They shared a vision of returning control of Sanctuary to the House of Governance and freeing it from the WAW tyranny.  So the Prefect Triumvirate was born with Zaresh, Miriam and Ophelia.  

Ultimately, she never got to see if their plans succeeded, but she did succeed in travelling to the Cradle of Mystryl, where her journey and life came to an end.  

Here's some stuff:

Thank you to all the players and all the DMs who engaged in the crazy politics of EFU with me.  Thanks to SwiftRed, Skovox, Stranger, KOP and so many others for playing Mystrylite converts. And Ironside especially for all the cool Mystryl plots and Crucible changes you made.

The Old Hack

Ophelia was wonderful and I'll miss her so much! Thank you for making her part of EfU! <3

RagingPurpleGiant

She accomplished a ton during her time. Definitely one of the biggest movers and shakers around for a good span of time it's a shame to see her gone. Looking forward to the next character
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

Golgo13

The wonders a bit of DM support for relatively new players can do. Good job.

The Void That Binds

Fantastic! Going to miss her!

Wench

All you seem to do is dish us out incredible characters, thank you for all the interactions we had, I can't wait to see what you do next!
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

CollegeDropout

Ironside

I really enjoyed your PC, and am looking forward to what comes next!

Vlaid

Always a big fan of seeing Mystryl repped in the setting, one of the coolest and most under utilized deities IMO.

It was always fun once our Prefecture alliance got going, only sad I didn't spend more time RPing directly with her and probing her beliefs more.
[url=https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706473.msg747918#msg747918]The Entirely True Legends of Velan Volandis[/url]

Skovox Blitzer

It was great fun playing her faithful lapdog.  I'll post some screenies soon!

xXCrystal_Rose

Very awesome. Loved every interaction with her and hearing about her story ♥ Proud to see a good priestess of our Mother of Magic.

petey512

Ophelia was awesome. Well done again dina
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "