Lair Escape Tunnel

Started by CaptLars, May 21, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptLars

For someone whos been in a couple of lair scraps when the city gank squad comes knocking on your door, I think it would be fair for the usually outnumbered villians holed up in their lair to be able to add an escape tunnel. Just a thought

[Naga]

I've had the city ganksquad come to my lair. It can be difficult to escape, but I think one of the major risks to having a lair should be that you are very likely to get cornered and trapped within it. They give a number of huge mechanical advantages such as a means to get to level 8 without ever questing and certain item spawns/merchants to make up for it.

Maybe making the exits a little bit wider might be helpful though.

RagingPurpleGiant

Self destruct button and escape pods
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

zDark Shadowz

"No escape, I'll see you dead!"

If there is an escape point, where would the destination be?

A secondary transition in the base itself, but on the outside would this have to be a saved waypoint within so many meters of the first entrance so its one-way and not prone to immediate ambush?

Or will that waypoint be possible to be set in another area entirely (via DM so they can authorise and say, sure, this wall here would lead to approximately here on this other area)

Random_White_Guy

Having had more lair involvement than most on EFU, I firmly am against this. A Lair is a supremely, supremely powerful tool for any faction and is supposed to have risks to it. Go down with the ship or flee while it's attacked are still viable options, or avoiding it in case of a threat and being elsewhere.

Equally it is basically invulnerability depending on your playtimes if a DM is around during low-DM activity once you get NPCs.

On top of all the other perks a one-way pit dug in the ground is a fair equalizer in my mind. Quest bosses don't take escape routes and nor should you.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Charnelist

Quote from: Random_White_Guy;n676955.... Quest bosses don't take escape routes and nor should you.

Okay. You sold me on this, and only this line.

Mort

Maybe we should add escape tunnels for quest bosses...

"The Princess is in another Castle, Mario."

zDark Shadowz

Heh, quest bosses you must face multiple times as they head deeper in. I could probably do this if I modified one of the 'boss' scripts I saved ages ago, using waypoints, create object & jumpto commands at the set HP intervals.

Start the boss off with 500 HP, if it gets beaten down to a certain amount, create tunnel placeable & warp boss as it regens slowly back in its new location.

In this way, each time you fought it - A if you're quick, you get the jump on him and pursue relentlessly, or B - Each time you fight him he'll be more difficult on account of more HP (or even from spell-applied buffs on the HP interval triggers), any poison or continuous effects still applied if used.

Boss is set to immortal but once they've been pummelled down in their last location a non-hostile faction trigger and a conversation on the NPC to toggle it off for the finishing, emoted strike of player choice depending on their primary class. (If barbarian/paladin, decapitate, if wizard/sorc, magical blast etc)