Everquest Adventure

Started by putrid_plum, January 20, 2015, 07:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

This old school MMO is free to play, you can pay for expansions or access to content but the core game is free to play.  I'll be starting something up to enjoy myself.  Feel free to join me, more people is always better!  Message me on the forums or #EFU if interested.  Regardless of what people say, it's fairly fun and MMOs are terrible, after all EFU is in a sense sort of MMO (minus the massive since it's a set player amount) but you grind, quest, etc. so really it's a similar experience.

putrid_plum

Still going on this.  Found a free server thats based off the original game from 1999, they're only up to the first two expansions.  Tons of fun and a good player base.

https://www.project1999.com/

Vlaid

I play project 1999 very rarely, but I haven't in a while...kinda annoying trying to find groups for low level stuff or gear to get started especially if you play a class that can't farm very well (or at all) solo.

putrid_plum

Daybreak now gives TLP (time lock progression) servers. Each expansion goes live every 3 months. I'm on a server that's only 3 expansions in so it's still fairly new and low level caps. Hit me up on IRC or Forums here if anyone plays or wants to mess about on Norrath.

putrid_plum

Went back to Project 1999 EQ because the challenge is so much greater (and content is VERY close to classic Everquest back in 1999-2000).  Can help anyone get a copy of the EQ game needed to access this emulated server.  It's also free.