Remove SET items

Started by putrid_plum, September 14, 2017, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

It's the bloat on the loot tables that I find set items poorly designed, few use them, some do. IF they were added to a separate loot table that would be real cool. Also I DO NOT agree there LPFF I have many many times looked for sets, advertised, asked players for help. It's almost always ignored and never has a DM dropped a super rare set piece that has in what 4 years never been seen a SINGLE TIME. Just saying.

Numbering sets and massive reduction on weight,until equipped?  Might be real cool too with the addition of a 'set' loot table to draw from.

Howlando

I get the angst but you guys should understand that some sets really are just for flavor as well as to make actual good items that much more rare.

Damien

I think most understand that. I think most suggestions were in relation to making them easier to get if they are sets meant to be just for flavour at least.

Otherwise what happens is people just genuinely give up or the slot is taken up by dm loot.

Nezgul

Quote from: Damien;n681543I think most understand that. I think most suggestions were in relation to making them easier to get if they are sets meant to be just for flavour at least.

That's exactly how I look at it. It's fine to have less-than-great sets that exist for flavor, but they should be easier to assemble in that case. I'm perfectly fine with the actually strong sets being difficult to acquire.

SergeantWombat

I like sets!

I do think they add flavor, and of course, agree the more powerful ones should obviously be more difficult to find and put together.

However, I can also echo that I have only ever seen one piece of some sets, and I also concur that many set items just end up sitting in someone's storage somewhere on the offchance they come across another piece someday.

I've put some sets together successfully, and they've all been useful. But I do think it would be fun to have some more less powerful sets that are easier to find, as well as perhaps some that are just 2 pieces (maybe some more weapon/shield combos, etc.).

Eschatology

Quote from: putrid_plum;n681492It's almost always ignored and never has a DM dropped a super rare set piece that has in what 4 years never been seen a SINGLE TIME. Just saying.

Maybe I've just been around the block (this is Stranger's account for the Black Worm), but in the four years I've played on EFU, I've actually seen multiple instances of DMs dropping rare loot items.

Merrill Booker, for example, nearly finished the notoriously elusive "Charlatan" set. I've seen the Golden Dragon helmet in the hands of Watchers and the incredible, paired armor in the hands of Brent Kendall's gang of Black Guild thugs. My friend, Moonlighter, completed the "Dunwarren Scout" set on her very first character. The "Doughty Underwarrior" is a staple for many new fighters. The "Darksteel Greatsword" is always in demand. I've personally traveled with five different bards wearing the "Mummer" set. Et cetera.

Sets are cool.

Maybe they should be more powerful, as loot in general has scaled in EFU:R, but removing them entirely seems like an overreaction to me...

EventHorizon

What I find frustrating is being unable to use any of the set items until the whole set is complete, rather than allowing perhaps one or two of the items to be independently equipped, but requiring the rest of the set for certain other parts of the set. Because aye, it becomes loot bloat that useless fills my inventory, frankly, and I don't so much as get an opportunity to taste if I want to invest the effort to acquire the rest, nor does the collection of the set become any part of my character's development, really, because they've never been able to put on any of the gear in the first place, and so have no particular reason to care about it usually.

Spiffy Has

Join a DM faction and get storage for these set items you want.