Darksteel Sword & Gauntlet Set Suggestion

Started by zDark Shadowz, November 08, 2017, 08:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zDark Shadowz

Okay so this is a really, really small thing but I was wondering if this set could be changed slightly since switching weapons during combat causes an action-cancel when the gloves are unequipped automatically as well. It's probably too much effort to do for one person but the ability to switch weapons from a greatsword to a one-handed weapon and shield is a necessity sometimes.

I was wondering if the set could work like this:

If sword is equipped before the gauntlets are equipped, unequip the sword and state the gauntlets must be equipped first as a combat log message.

When the gauntlets are equipped first, by themselves, a script fires to remove any existing item properties since they should have no item properties or 'no effect' without the sword.

#include "x2_inc_itemprop"

object oItem = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_ARMS, //InsertWhateverGetPCScriptIsUsed//);
void main()
{
IPRemoveMatchingItemProperties(oItem, ITEM_PROPERTY_AC_BONUS, DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT);
IPRemoveMatchingItemProperties(oItem, ITEM_PROPERTY_SKILL_BONUS, DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, SKILL_DISCIPLINE);
}

When the sword is equipped while the gauntlets are equipped as an IF condition, do something like

#include "x2_inc_itemprop"

object oItem = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_ARMS, //InsertWhateverGetPCScriptIsUsed//);
void main()
{
IPSafeAddItemProperty(oItem, ItemPropertyACBonus(1),0.0);
IPSafeAddItemProperty(oItem, ItemPropertySkillBonus(SKILL_DISCIPLINE,3),0.0);
}

To apply the item properties to the gauntlets.

When the sword is unequipped while gauntlets are equipped, fire the item property removal script.

If gauntlets are unequipped while the sword is equipped, just unequip the sword with it per normal since the item property removal script for when the gauntlets are equipped by themselves will be in place.

Or I can just find someone else to buy the set later when I've had my fun with it I guess if they don't mind :)