Gastoff De Lioncourt-Hbalan Cultist

Started by Necro, December 28, 2017, 07:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necro

Well, i'm retiring him, but these things happen. He was fun to play with you all, lots of plotting that never came to fruition sadly, but such is life. Thanks to Serelis, Kythal, Cold, Olof, and all the exile buddies who made him fun. The RP has been great, but mechanically he's just been impossible for me to make work, which hasn't been a lot of fun- I will return to team withering with a new concept eventually, but for now I want to try something new. Just don't have the drive to play Gastoff anymore, been struggling to really stick with him this past week even with all the great rp that's blossomed since then, but I found myself thinking all too often "this would be so much more fun to play than gastoff right now", and I realize, he really isn't what I want to play right now- I do still want to do withering, just not how I was doing it with Gastoff, and to do otherwise would be out of concept for him. I'll see my wither buddies around sometime in the future after my next concept or two.

~NecroDude

No screenshots sadly, I kept forgetting to take them this time, and never really found a point that was overly screenshot worthy, he had no lootz, and didn't do anything spectacular that I could have captured for an epic screenshot. If any have any of him however, feel free to post them.
~Grass~
-Nobody

I love cats

Damnit I really liked our dealings! Check with a DM snd see if you can do Gastoff with a completely different build.

vhunelar

For those unaware there was a sort of a back forth forth romance between the Gastoff and Serelis chars.  Been asked to keep the screenshots private.

[redacted]

Serelis was vain beyond belief, hated pretty much everyone because she had never got anything she wanted, and was constantly scheming to control.  Made the excuse that others being cruel to her without reason was an excuse to be cruel herself.  She had a soft spot for people that appeared to be truly good, but only if they played things her way.

[redacted]

I'd like to thank Mourning for everything and look forward to whatever he makes next!
War Song of the Holy Knights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg

Necro

Whoa, a little bit of a harsh judegment of his character there- no he very much cared about Serelis, and in fact, he wouldn't have been so harsh on her if he didn't care. She was constantly insulting and alienating everyone they crossed that she felt weren't useful making Gastoff's efforts to bewitch the public far more difficult, and most times she got into trouble, it was entirely her own fault. Gastoff cared for her, she just made the most foolish of decisions, and he wanted to make her smarter- as with the way she was headed, they were both going to end up dead quite fast thanks to her attitude. He wasn't going to fight the one who beat her, because quite simply, it was a battle he could not win, so he was going to attempt to manipulate his way through solving things, as was his main tool. Of course, Serelis's expectations seemed to revolve around Gastoff throwing himself blindly into obvious danger at her desire, and that he should just piss everyone off and throw everyone aside like trash regardless of the consequences of doing so- These were expectations, Gastoff sadly was unwilling to meet. Ultimately, Gastoff never viewed her as a tool, she was possibly the one person he didn't view as a tool, and I don't think she quite ever understood that, as she insisted all the time he use her like a tool- to which he always declined. Ultimately, Gastoff was a bit insensitive, and less tolerant of her antics than he should have been, but Serelis couldn't have the toy puppet she wanted, and so what happened happened.

As to remaking Gastoff I love Cats, i would love to, but I'm quite sure the DM's would never go for that.
~Grass~
-Nobody

I love cats

Quote from: Necro on December 29, 2017, 12:09:01 AM
Whoa, a little bit of a harsh judegment of his character there- no he very much cared about Serelis, and in fact, he wouldn't have been so harsh on her if he didn't care. She was constantly insulting and alienating everyone they crossed that she felt weren't useful making Gastoff's efforts to bewitch the public far more difficult, and most times she got into trouble, it was entirely her own fault. Gastoff cared for her, she just made the most foolish of decisions, and he wanted to make her smarter- as with the way she was headed, they were both going to end up dead quite fast thanks to her attitude. He wasn't going to fight the one who beat her, because quite simply, it was a battle he could not win, so he was going to attempt to manipulate his way through solving things, as was his main tool. Of course, Serelis's expectations seemed to revolve around Gastoff throwing himself blindly into obvious danger at her desire, and that he should just piss everyone off and throw everyone aside like trash regardless of the consequences of doing so- These were expectations, Gastoff sadly was unwilling to meet. Ultimately, Gastoff never viewed her as a tool, she was possibly the one person he didn't view as a tool, and I don't think she quite ever understood that, as she insisted all the time he use her like a tool- to which he always declined. Ultimately, Gastoff was a bit insensitive, and less tolerant of her antics than he should have been, but Serelis couldn't have the toy puppet she wanted, and so what happened happened.

As to remaking Gastoff I love Cats, i would love to, but I'm quite sure the DM's would never go for that.

They may want you to start over again at level 2, but I would try it. Think of it like asking someone out or applying for a job. The worst they can do is say no.

RagingPurpleGiant

I never met the PC but the group concept thing in the general forums made it look awesome.
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

vhunelar

Ok, no problem.  I'll delete the description relating to your char.  As for Serelis, she was evil scum.

[/color]

Kiyona

Well this is weird.

Because what I saw of Gastoff he refused to listen to anything Serelis said.  He payed anyone more attention than he did her.

And how the hell does a char let the 'love of his life' get beaten up by a 'buddy' in public and do nothing but lecture her?  What kind of looser girl would stay with that dude??

I love cats

Quote from: Kiyona on December 29, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Well this is weird.

Because what I saw of Gastoff he refused to listen to anything Serelis said.  He payed anyone more attention than he did her.

And how the hell does a char let the 'love of his life' get beaten up by a 'buddy' in public and do nothing but lecture her?  What kind of looser girl would stay with that dude??

You'd be surprised.

Echigo

Quote from: I love cats on December 29, 2017, 06:04:02 PM
Quote from: Kiyona on December 29, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Well this is weird.

You'd be surprised.
meth

vhunelar

Haha...oh you would jump in K.

Yeah, girls that do what you guys are mentioning are insane.  No sense of self interest.