Your Most Iconic PC

Started by SkillFocuspwn, April 14, 2018, 12:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillFocuspwn

I know we've had "Who've you played?" posts in the past, but I'm curious; in your eyes, who is the most iconic PC you've played? It may be because of their successes, it may be because of they took part in, it may even be just because you thought they were the coolest PC you ever made; but let me know!

zDark Shadowz

I liked my alchemist Shard Perion who I ended up playing for almost a year with some seriously ridiculous play hours put in to figuring out alchemy haha.

The only character I can recall that had very serious equipment, I could get 46 lore 41 spellcraft on that sucker, died from level 9 down to level 4 three times and worked him back up to 9 again.

My only regret was I didn't interact as much as I should have with that 10 CON wizard, my time was mostly spent recharging my wand of Ice Storm and performing more and more dangerous experiments. Best reclusive wizard I ever played and the alchemy system made it the best wizard-playing experience of ANY game I've played.

Now I just run around with characters that are lucky to find even one +1 AC item, or make friends that last longer than three weeks.

SkillFocuspwn

Here's mine

Coming straight out of a Gothic novella, it's Isidore Olmos! A deathly ill teenager from a noble family, Isidore didn't have long to live; so he decided to turn to Necromancy to sort that out. With 8 CON, a severe stutter, and a penchant for hiding behind a handkerchief (and questing exclusively in invis), Isidore was far too pitiful to ever be considered a real villain, even at his Necromantic height. His life on Ymph was one of constant mistakes; he gained a place as a Magister of the Dominion thanks to his Demon Cultist friends, but betrayed them by sentencing one to execution rather than risk being discovered. Then, in a convoluted quest, he ended up killing the Demon he'd sold his soul to along with the rest of the Cult, burning that bridge too. Finally, he betrayed the Dominion by joining up with the Conclave, losing his seat as a Magister, but ended up a lowly Caliphar, a rank that he would never rise above. He was never seen without the Mummy who he swapped hearts with, or his fellow Pale Master and Consort, Lasran Mane, the only Wizard to ever be a Consort in the Conclave (to my knowledge); the two were so tight Razul didn't want to split them up.

Some highlights include: Being knocked down to bleeding by a seagull while everyone watched at level 2, his glorious Golden Skull whose description made it clear it was a tacky knock-off with horns that kept falling off, the wonderful DM quest where he had to outriddle a Sphinx and eventually cut his own heart out to put in a mummy, the emote [A boulder falls and knocks Isidore back down to level 6- I mean, kills him.], and my long soul-mate level companionship with Lasran.

Hollow_Mage

Jawl Highwind from EfU:Archipelago, who was my first character after the server swapped over. In the early days of the Ziggurat's settlement by the portal rats, Jawl and a bunch of other PCs joined William Bell, a halfling archaeologist, in forming the Archaeology Society. One of the first tasks we all got involved in was recording the words of the few surviving PCs from the Underdark, who had actually made it to the surface in spite of massive IG challenges.

An air genasi wizard with a focus in Invocation, the old Gygaxian-era spell school. I drafted the "Diligent and Studious Magician", a series of books discussing all sorts of random magic stuff that was on my mind at the time. I only did it so that I could eventually drafted a fourth text, to be titled "DSM-IV", after a book my mum was reading at the time.  ::) As a free wizard outside of any organized arcane group, I was involved in a bunch of different groups' efforts, all while being pompous, arrogant, and show-offy.

Cloud spells, Gusts of Wind, and the occasional empowered Combust made short work of bounty-heads, ne'erdowells, and ruffians. But the absolute greatest PvP fight of my life happened without any spells at all, as Jawl. I challenged a DMPC to a duel, over honour or something like that. His name was Rawlins if I remember correctly, and he was one of the few who could take Pompous and dish it right back. Rawlins decided the duel would be with daggers and no magic. At the time, in the culture of the day, the challenged could choose either the weapons or the location. Since he chose daggers, I chose to fight him underwater.

It was a close fight until a number of rounds passed equal to Rawlins' constitution, at which point it was over. I had taken a few hits but I was swimming circles around a guy in armour, and most importantly, I didn't need to breathe. So when Rawlins got to Badly Wounded or Near Death or whatever, I climbed out of the water and yielded the day. The point, I think, was made, but I seriously forget what the point was.

Later on, after retiring and re-apping to bring Jawl back, I had another duel on the bridge outside the Ziggurat. At that time I didn't know about a certain glitch that occurred when you mess with Counterspell Mode and Casting/Cancelling spells. As a result, I ended up inventing Jawl's Greatest Missile Storm, which fires 200 magic missiles over 2 minutes. The sound of the poor person (who won the ACTUAL duel) being subdued over and over still brings me great joy.

zDark Shadowz

Quote from: Hollow_Mage on April 27, 2018, 09:00:42 PM
At that time I didn't know about a certain glitch that occurred when you mess with Counterspell Mode and Casting/Cancelling spells. As a result, I ended up inventing Jawl's Greatest Missile Storm, which fires 200 magic missiles over 2 minutes. The sound of the poor person (who won the ACTUAL duel) being subdued over and over still brings me great joy.

Ah, yes, that beautiful bug. I know how to replicate it, but the funny thing is for you to have gotten the benefit that means the other person bugged it out so it wasn't your fault :P

Pup

For me personally it is close between two, but I imagine for those around at the time of Archipelago it was Draxero "Beastmaster" Belm.  He successfully wielded a BAMF (Mort's words  :D ) whip in the Stygian Armada long before Master Tau Masemba appeared.

He had his own cages full of panthers outside the Stygian base near the Gobsquat.

He traveled to the Underdark where he contracted a curse that would cause millions of tiny spiders to erupt from his chest when he returned to the surface and stepped into the sun.  Thankfully someone else went first (I forget the char).  The rest of us later went to the undead island under the cover of night where our allies continually healed us as the spiders poured out with the rising of the sun.  The negative energies found there instantly destroyed the spiders.  I also forget the char that had that brilliant idea, but I believe he was played by RwG  :P .

He was immortalized as a statue in the Stygian barracks which I presume is still there somewhere, along with a few other noted member mercenaries.  It portrayed him kneeling and checking for tracks.  He could track anything after all, including Shargass Disciples.

Oh yeah.  One more small thing.  He had a WYVERN!  He stole an egg from wild orc beastmasters and carried it for months until it hatched (God bless and keep Wern  :'( ).  Originally Howland was going to script my interactions with the wyvern to occasionally lash out at Belm but I rolled a 20 on my AE check when it hatched, so instead it always looked at him lovingly!  His favorite hobby quickly became roaming the island with his wyvern henchman and blood panther companion in tow, killing every creature they came across.  He would even announce his treks over the sending system daring the Stargazers and druids to come and stop him.  The Stygians hated those meddling treehuggers!
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Mort

Oh my. PCs I do actually remember fondly. Rawlins was RWG - dont think he was a DM then.

Oskar Maxon

Quote from: Mort on April 28, 2018, 08:47:23 PM
Oh my. PCs I do actually remember fondly. Rawlins was RWG - dont think he was a DM then.

If it was RwG's Sergeant (Zeke?) Rawlins then it was as a DM, yes.

I remember fondly how he let me go. Right back to hell.

Kotenku

To this day, my 'most iconic' PC probably must have been my very first.

Cail Durris, a Sergeant of the Watch, was cast in the mold of Castellan Lebbick of the Mordant's Need books. I hadn't been aware of Les Miserables at the time, but he was every bit Javert, as well. All his life, he did his duty. Followed the rules. Went through the motions expected and required of him. He and his wife were taken as slaves, and wound up in the pens of Fortress Khun. There his wife was brutally tortured and killed, while he was forced to watch. This inspired a career-long hatred for orcs, which would send him off into bloody frenzies that usually ended in his swift death.
He had hang ups around women, was terrified and weak. He channeled his fury and helplessness into his work instead, relentlessly pursuing the enforcement of law.
He was bitter, crude, and mean. He was honorable, kind to children and the elderly. He was meticulous in his duties, defiant of chaos and evil... And so angry. Always, so angry.

He lived through the rotting death, the war against the lizardfolk of Ss'lal'teesh. He once fought Imnan of the Cult of the False Flame over the body of his fallen ally, to a standstill after fifteen minutes.
He avenged his wife.
He finally met his end when, returning from a lengthy and ill-fated patrol, was greeted by the exploded remnants of a child from Lower Sanctuary. It seemed the child had been fooled by the notorious Gangster Johnny Dimes, to detonate a suicide vest in the Watch-house foyer. e thought it would summon a clown.
In blind rage, Durris charged the gangster and was brought down. Dimes did not survive the day.

Some two weeks later, Sheriff Eugene "Short" Walters was exposed by the Watchers under Durris's command as a participant in a slaving ring that would later be discovered to include several of the Watch Lieutenants, The Captain of the Tigereyes, and more...

Mostly though, I guess Durris was known for *scowl*ing in pretty much every interaction.

Oskar Maxon

I guess my most iconic PC was Riddle back in the first chapter.

I had just learned persuade/bluff/intimidate was something useful and decided to focus on it entirely. I wanted to play the guy behind the scenes, and found a God with a suitable dogma for his creation. It was probably a year later before I realized Gargauth usually had more of a cultist background to his followers, but how was I to know?

Just after Riddle's creation ScottyB's archivist Varlam Nikitovich (long live his memory) advertised a few civil service clerk positions available and Riddle became the Notary clerk of last wills of testaments, henceforth spending a year and a half on government salary noting down people's last wishes, chasing their beneficiaries to force loot and gold on them and, most importantly, making sure Disco's megalomaniac gnome #69948 got a statue to be remembered by after his death.

From what I've heard some of Riddle's paperwork can still be found ic in the house of government, though for these years of EfU:R I've not been able to find myself in a position to see it.

What happened to the Gargauthian part? Since I guess this is no longer too much foig; the most overt part was hiring a lower thug to assassinate some councillor aspirant so Riddle's buddies could be reelected. Canzah's lower4lyfe missed the shot and fled with the money, but who cares when the right guy won the election anyway.

Misterlich

Bigrin Boggin, a horribly RP'd (didn't RP his horribly min-maxed stats at all) gnome who killed a councillor and spent like 2 months in exile and hiding before being eliminated.

I don't play very "iconic" PC's  :D

If I can actually manage to build my golem for dorfland, Gunther might become my most iconic PC... We'll have to see!

henchman93

Griff Rheston watcher Sergeant

goate

My most iconic PC was posthumous operative Phael Gedreghost.  She was known for her distinctive hair style, and a penchant for pulling "My-Fair-Ladies" on gruff members of lesser demi-races.  One must keep up appearances, after all.

Best Agent in EFU:R, imo.  That's not up for discussion.

sharkinajar

Toss-up between Alia Millis and Vrort Llurd for me.

Worms4ever

prestonhunt

Hm.  So many.  Cog Ippensher, Tr'issithra Zau Mournrahel, Sabah Nebt Het, Roarin Bilmfricten, Castor "The Fury" Erasmus, Sabra, Torvald "The Scion of Storms" Herjefodrsson, Danodel the Dandy-Lion.  One of them.  I think I personally liked Fury, Dandy and Sabra the most.