Some ideas for Sanctuary and Urban Blight

Started by Arc, August 05, 2018, 02:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

The Spellguard has withdrawn from Sanctuary. Bereft of care, maintenance, or guards, we are told Sanctuary slips deep into urban decay. However, at the moment, despite all this Sanctuary still feels surprisingly bright and hopeful. I think a few small module changes could go a long way to making people want to spend as little time in the decayed Sanctuary as possible

• The abandoned watch house suffered quite a bit at the hands of the ooze, and bandits, immediately after the withdrawal. Some rubble, and left over ooze, might make the place seem more blown out and ruined.
  • The Grotto has suffered many, many fireballs on its premises, as well as rowdy pirates, countless murders, and one very angry troll. Some burn marks, destroyed tables, and dimmer lighting may bring it closer in line with the destruction poor Smeed has had to put up with.
  • The high houses above Sanctuary are, likely, largely vacated by the rich for Final Sanctuary. Perhaps the gates could be thrown open, and the area inside shown to be looted, with those classic ever burning fires thrown around.
  • Sanctuary itself is overall a dimmer, scarier place to live. If made darker, the residents may have to take to carrying around torches to feel safe in their own streets.
  • The construction center, a very bright and hopeful place in general, might be boarded up or abandoned.
  • Finally, it would be interesting if the muggable NPCs that currently only spawn outside sanctuary were perhaps brought inside Sanctuary now, leading to conflicts as the less-well-intentioned bully the poor and destitute of the now abandoned Sanctuary

Random_White_Guy

• QuoteFinally, it would be interesting if the muggable NPCs that currently only spawn outside sanctuary were perhaps brought inside Sanctuary now, leading to conflicts as the less-well-intentioned bully the poor and destitute of the now abandoned Sanctuary
Not super spoilery but Scrappers appear outside the HoT.

[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

cool jewelz

I think this is an outstanding suggestion.