xarxa DE MONtjuic

Started by Terra Lliure, September 22, 2018, 05:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra Lliure

Xarxa de Montjuic, Montjuic of Eshpurta, Bloodletter, Bloodshedder, Goremonger, Montjuic the Blooded, Xarxa the Fierce, Consort of Fionnaghal Windchaser, Commander of the Royal Armed Forces of Mystrylburgh, Lion of the South, Xarxa the Thrall!

---

Qu'es de ti, desconsolado

She was a PC created with a fairly detailed and elaborate backstory that was sadly never explored (although Ruvera of Lanaeras had intended to chronicle it before they became enemies).

She was born into a knightly family in Eshpurta, the military city of Amn. She was the result of an extramarital affair between her mother and a Calishite merchant. The shame of her bastardy was too great for her family to acknowledge, so they simply "decided" she was her father's daughter after all, as far as the world was concerned, and kept her true parentage a secret within the family, never to be mentioned. Her family, however, privately considered her very existence an embarrassment, and so as not to have to look at her and her dusky skin, she was shipped off to be brought up by distant relations in Calimport. Only several years later did she return to Eshpurta. She had a lifelong loathing of Calimshan and of Calishites.

It had already been decided for her at a young age that she should follow the family tradition and become a knight of Torm. Later, however, she abandoned that religion in favour of the much more dynamic Church of Lathander. Xarxa became a holy warrior, and eventually the leader of her own small crusading army, which aspired to become endorsed as an official military order of the Church.

She spent much time in the city-state of Procampur, and there she married a Dawnbringer priest, as adventurous and ambitious as herself. Together they traveled across much of central Faerun and spent years fighting the enemies of the Church; heretics in particular, as her husband became an influential inquisitor.

I am going to skip telling the story of how Xarxa's husband died, how she became enthralled, and what happened to her on the surface after the Darkening, because that deserves a much better telling than what I can give here!

---

Venid a ver la sangre por las calles

One of the really nice and unexpected turns of character development for Xarxa was something that I really hadn't anticipated, namely rediscovering faith. Xarxa's loss of faith was a major factor in her psychology, but during her time in Sanctuary she kept coming across little 'signs' of Garagos, making her more and more consciously interested in that god and that faith, which seemed to agree with the only part of her emotional life that still existed. Finally she ran into a PC priest of Garagos, Magnus, who through his really excellent RP, reawakened faith in her and managed to turn her into a passionate and zealous Garagosan, dubbing her MONTJUIC THE BLOODED. This was a very fun aspect of Xarxa to play. I don't know what happened to Magnus but if his player is out there, thank you!

[hide=BLOODLUST][/hide]

---

La Reina y el reino

Fionnaghal became a huge part of Xarxa's existence, even though this was not a planned duo concept by any means.  A huge shoutout to Fionnaghal's player for making this a very fun and enjoyable run for me, and for creating an amazingly great PC. I feel a bit guilty for how much Xarxa used and exploited Fionnaghal, both consciously and unconsciously. And for being the direct reason she got killed. ;/ But, while it lasted it was also a beautiful BFFship, and fun to revive the Consort/Mage institution! The Magical Kingdom of Mystrylburgh was also fun to start building up. I'm sure it could have gone a lot further and we had a lot of plans for it.

[hide=Magical Kingdom Mystrylburgh][/hide]

---

THE THRALLSPIRACY

The intention with Xarxa was to keep her thralldom under wraps for as long as possible. This was very challenging and quite stressful but a lot of fun, and took many unexpected and fascinating turns. (I dare anyone who plays an aberrant thrall to travel to A Distant Shore ...)

And keeping a low profile and avoiding detection and testing worked for a while. Then, Claire Chambers happened ... her and those DAMNED FLOW INDICATORS.

Xarxa's thralldom was eventually exposed, but enough confusion surrounded the nature of her thralldom, and she was given enough cover and secret assistance by sympathizers and collaborators, that it was possible to stall for a little while longer -- just enough to set in motion the events that would reveal Xarxa's TRUE purpose. For, being exposed as a thrall gave Xarxa a reason, perhaps the only conceivable reason, to be taken deep within the Elder Ooze ...

QuoteUnauthorised Dunwarren Sending by Xarxa de Montjuic : *The Calishite-accented voice sounds uneasy; hesitant.* "I... I want to... to speak with someone about... breaking... the bond. Reversing the ritual... undoing the..." *The voice trails off, pausing before starting again.* "Witchmaster Brandt... Manyfaces?... I... I am asking for help."
QuoteUnauthorised Dunwarren Sending by Manyfaces : Manyfaces hears you call, you are welcomed below to receive the cleansing embrace of the Pure.
QuoteDM Shout : The Primitivists and pactholders of Lower go into a deep state of mourning. Many take to drinking in the Pissing Crone, their spirits seemingly broken. Some say....one of the Elders has fallen.

[hide=SPOILERS!]

[/hide]

[hide=...][/hide]

---

Thank you to everyone who has interacted with, befriended, persecuted, been fooled by, and fought Xarxa! SPECIAL THANKS TO DMs IRONSIDE AND VLAID FOR BEING HER THRALLMASTERS!

This was a tremendous amount of fun and I will miss playing her. I only hope the MONTJUIC RULES of dueling will live on!

cmenden

Such a fancy Obit, I should have had you do mine too :D

Xarxa was so wonderful to RP with! Thanks for being so awesome!

Svordaloz

Ah, Xarxa and her duellin' career. I will miss the bouts between her and Ales, was good fun.

Crazy bloodwench was crazy, hoh.

Twelve

Sniper Combust

How a Dread thrall PC should be played! Very well done.

zero five nine

rip mountjuice

She was first person Ruvera attempted to interview, and its a shame that she never managed to get Xarxa's full story. It was a great deal of fun either way.

Miraie

goate

Wow, what an ending.  Very cool PC who spawned some crazy conflict.

Pup

I enjoyed our interactions very much.  A great char.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals