The Failure, Karl Brandt

Started by Arc, November 12, 2018, 12:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

I will not fail again. I will be the beacon that leads the lost to shore.

DM Shout : From deep within the bowels of the caverns, there is a great and terrible rumbling...

DM Shout : Intense light pours from even the smallest cracks, its glow otherworldly and pure...

Karl Brandt is easily the longest character I've ever played. A half year is a long time to play a character, and Karl had his ups and downs for certain. But as far as good PCs go, I feel like Karl was the fullest exploration I've yet had. Which is funny, as he started out as a LN character with a very  dark past. Slowly, and through a great many twists and turns of plot, Karl came to be one of the longest standing keepers of the Fount, and pursued that plot for a long time, culminating in the disappearance of the fount.

Thank you hugely to everyone who made this character an amazing ride, particularly Dingledar, who made an amazing rival.

Dingledar

Bad ass PC, thank you very much for the back and forth.   A good hero is so important for villainy.    The journey and the end were truly epic.

I had some screenies:
[HIDE=Screenies]

Such a shiny staff (below):

Karl's vengeance (below):

Karl and his slave Taristan makin' the dealz(below):

Somebody needs a restraining order (below):
[/HIDE]

XzarWizrobe

I loved Karl about as much as Saevel, dude. Like, might not have been around as long. But still amazingly fun to interact with!

Arc

Some Fount Shots:

[hide]

[/hide]

Some moments:
[hide]

[/hide]

Some loot:
[hide]

[/hide]

Pup

Strange how I was going to join the Council at the beginning but missed out, yet got to mess with Karl plenty, regardless.
Another great long-lived char.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Wench

Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

IIIIIIIII

PanamaLane

Great times, sir. Thanks for hooking me into the Fount and also...saving the world and stuff :)

Shroomsworth

It was cool to be Karl's sidekick across several "chapters" of the character, and exasperating one another with our respective PC's Lawful Silly ways!  ;D

Extra cool to see him become the "leader" of the last Keeper team. I'm really happy that you all managed to avoid the defeat condition stated in the Faction description, even as circumstances kept eluding my having another tenure within it.

XzarWizrobe

If you would like, or if it is alright to, I do believe I've screenies from Karl's prelude; the end of it at least!