-- The State of the Server: Important Dates --

Started by Howlando, November 26, 2018, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

Starting early December 2018, EFU will be entering into a period of heightened plot activity. This will be a period in which DMs will be making a concerted effort to push along a number of different plots & storylines, to renew supporting player initiatives, and generally make an effort to make EFU really rock. In addition to being more attentive than normal, we will also be working to be more generous with mundane rewards (more amenable to handing out perks, loot, gold, treasure, XP....). That said, with story-intensity will come along periods of extreme challenge and (at times) seemingly unfair permadeath possibilities.

This DM activity will be dipping a bit during the holidays, picking up again with the New Year, and then...

Starting January 14th, 2019 EFU will be entering into a period of intense plot activity. A number of DMs will be taking some time off from work, and I for one will be chained to my laptop, slavishly attending to the needs of the server. This will culminate in a major, major event on Saturday, January 19th. This event is not one to be missed if at all possible.

Good luck to all.

The gods will not be here to save you.

Howlando

Animator Dhimani has announced that he wishes to make a SPEECH to all of Sanctuary's citizens....

Countdown - Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 1:00:00 pm EST

This will be a major event for the Spellguard Faction and all residents of Sanctuary. Without giving away too much, there will be an important opportunity to decisively determine in which direction Sanctuary goes.

Howlando

A few updates:

If you haven't been playing or paying attention to the Rumors Thread, I suggest skimming (backwards) to keep up to date with fast moving plots.

There is a new start portal called "Machinist Start" that lets you start a PC directly in the Engine Room of the Machine where a diverse collection of Machinists, the impoverished, wandering mercenaries, and more have begun to assemble.
QuoteAs word has spread of the discovery of these huge new chambers within the Machine, a motley collection of pilgrims have begun to journey to the Engine Room and set up crude camps within. Many scrappers, tent-dwellers, wandering mercenaries, former residents of the Housing Vaults, Starag's Rest, Upper, Lower, and more have decided to put aside their differences and venture to this solemn hall of ancient Machinery and assemble there, waiting... waiting, for what?

Feel free to make use of this portal. With access to the Trams and all of their low level quests, I hope it will be a viable starting option. Please let me know if there is anything essential that is missing.

With the start of the new year, we will be temporarily adjusting quest requirements to make it so nearly all quests can be done by nearly all levels. This means (for example) that very high level PCs can go on low level quests.

Additionally, we ask that you do not submit any more applications for new character concepts until the later part of January.

We recommend playing Sanctuary/Machine focused PCs for the next few weeks as that will be the primary focus of the server.

Happy New Year to all! 2019 should be a great year for EFU.

Howlando

This will be a major event.

QuoteThis is a message from First Citizen Dhimani. My army, which includes all of you, will be launching a raid on a Dread Mine on the surface in seven darks time. Be prepared. All who can fight but who choose not to do so will be subjected to an array of increasingly painful yet untested experimental execution procedures!

For those of you who are afraid, remember who I am. I am Dhimani, I do not fail. That is all.

12:00 PM (Noon) EST Sunday Jan 13th)

Howlando

The major, major event that will (most likely) conclusively resolve our current period of intense plot activity is tentatively scheduled to take place:

Saturday, 1:00 PM EST
Countdown

Howlando

Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.

Chapter 4 has been concluded.