For New Players - Player Tools & Character Perk Selection

Started by XzarWizrobe, January 26, 2019, 10:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XzarWizrobe

EfU:CoR has a lot of custom content, and the very first thing you are likely to encounter is the need for player tools and class perks. Hopefully this guide with screenshots will help you understand where to go.

STEP ONE - Accessing the Crafting Menu

To access the tools, right click on your character and navigate to the crafting menu - the anvil icon.

The crafting menu should look like this

STEP TWO - The Player Tools

Binding a tool is simple. Pick one of the ten slots available -it does not matter which one, though I recommend binding it to a number you will remember!

Certain classes will have different tools, such as domain powers and relic binding for clerics or a tracking tool for rangers. For the purposes of this guide, "Attune Relic" is being bound to Player Tool 1

STEP THREE - Using the Tool

Now that the tool is bound, simply add it somewhere to your hotbar.

The symbol we're navigating to will look different, as it's dependent on class. But it will always be in the bottom-left corner of the Special Abilities tab

With the tool on the hotbar, simply use it on the desired object/location (Attune Relic: Click the hotbarred tool, then click the relic you wish to bind to)

ACCESSING CLASS PERKS

As shown above, navigate to the crafting menu and this time click on "Additional Class Perks"

"Select 'Class' Background" will open the list of all the class perks. Note the "Reset Perk" button. If for some reason your perk is not working right, try resetting it.

This will list all of the perks available to your class and will give a brief descriptor of the perk. Certain perks will give you a player Tool (Such as the Hematologist Blood Track 5/day player tool (use on PC blood vials)) which can be found in the Player Tools tab. I hope having a thread with screenshots will help! As always, if you've any questions please ask at #new-player-advice on our Discord server.

-HIPAA

TsunamiWombat

perfecto, this should get a sticky somewhere like the guide to setting relics

SN

Should be moved to information for new players section, yes.

Howlando

If someone could turn this into an entry into the wiki that would be great.

I would love to move to the wiki for presenting information to new players as much as possible.

SN

Done, here:
https://wiki.efupw.com/index.php?title=Player_Tools

Didn't add the Accessing the Perks section since apparently the main perk section page on the Wiki is gone or i cant find it. Should probably have one, IMHO

XzarWizrobe

Appreciate you moving it to the wiki! I hadn't the foggiest how to, nor did I remember to ask.