Please add a "House Glitt-like" Pond opportunity

Started by zerotje, January 29, 2019, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

I think looking at the whole Glitt  "feel", and their hillarious HQ, I get more of a "Pond" impression than anything else.
It's fun to have a wannabe Noble House but I think that should've been done differently perhaps, like childish knights instead of farmer / hicks, because I think the whole farmer / hick thing should've been more of a Pond exclusive.

At the moment Pond seems lackluster to provide opportunities towards PC's that are non-changeling, non-monsterous, non-bandit.
It would be great if a Glitt-like structure was provided for all the Pond-themed adventurers.

Because of Glitt it seems the Peerage is thriving with PC's that could've or should've been Pond PC's instead.

Creating a balance between the three hubs, not equal but at least populated enough to make it all viable options, I think should be a priority.

BTW I think all the Glitt PLAYERS are great. Even the faction itself. I am just looking at the balance of things.

Howlando

I strongly disagree that House Glitt belongs in the Ponds - I really like them as being part of the Peerage, and think they play an important role there.

The Ponds has its own role to play, and part of that is being a place for PC initiative (there are two buildings that PC groups will be able to claim) and also as a place for characters that just don't want to live with the crowds.

But I agree that there is something missing.

TheShadow

My two groats? it feels like it's missing a strong theme or NPC backing.

Like, the Ticker Square has the Guildmasters - It HAS significant backing for it to be a merchantile style area - Anyone is welcome, so long as they have groats, and don't interfere with business.

(Monsters mess with business. Changelings are Bad luck. Bandits mess with business. This is why they're not welcome.)   

The Peerage has the Houses, giving it a sense of nobility, and atmosphere.

The ponds... Has a few monsters. Goblins, Hobgoblins, an exiled lizardfolk. But it feels like if you cleared out the monsters, it could easily be another 'Peerage' area. I don't feel like that should be a thing - It should have SOME culture that is clearly "Not ticker / peerage". I don't want to see a standard noble faction, like Vestra, drinking wine in the Ponds. I don't want to see real merchants hawking their wares.

But I'm not sure what SHOULD go here. Thoughts?
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

I love cats

I like house Glitt. Its clear the ponds need some kind of scum faction/association of some sort or something to make up for being clearly disconected from the hub. Also the lack of lowbie quests in the ponds makes it hard to start out there. However maybe DMS kinda intend it as a place for people who can't fit in peerage or ticker town? Or its some kinda of penal colony people go if they get exiled?

The Ponds are the place of scum who don't mind or are forced to live with monsters or druids who are pretty much forced to live there as its the only "Natural" place in Ring 99.

Or another option is to make goblins a non app race/non reduced hardcore XP and give it some life with some PC goblins to run and reek havoc? As for this argument that House Glitt are a bunch of drunk hicks that steal people from the ponds? Why aren't people arguing that House Orza the fiercely gangster style noble house is also taking people that could have been brigand/bandit PCS in the ponds?

CorstoTerrore

Put in a criminal "fishermen's" guild that are seemingly harmless folk who try and catch fish at the pond, but for the right price they'll happily dump a body you bring them in the waters instead.

Then again, we have Orza already. What's-a matter with you?!