Author Topic: -- Bounties of the City of Rings --  (Read 7339 times)

Pigadig

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: February 23, 2019, 08:03:46 AM
// This is a thread for various bounties of the City of Rings to be posted / stored. Please do not post in this thread without DM permission.

Vlaid

• View Profile
on: April 19, 2020, 11:36:00 AM
By order of the Most Worshipful Guild of Righteous Murderers and behalf of our clients the following writs of murder have been placed, to be paid only to the bloodied hands. A gentle and kind warning offered to the false claimants of death dealt.

- Dopplegangers - 20,000 groats
- Tiefling - 5,000 groats
- Aasimar - 5,000 groats
- Plane-Touched - 5,000 groats
- Fey-Touched - 5,000 groats

By decree of the Royal Court, these most prestigious bounties are offered to those who complete successful hunts for the Royal Huntsman!

- Upon the roaming Mongrelfolk, driven back into the Mongrelwoods, a treasure of minor prestige shall be delivered to the house of the responsible retainer!
- Upon discovery of infiltrating Changelings and their ilk within the Peerage; for stopping their mischief before it can take root in our ward a treasure of moderate prestige shall be delivered to the house of the responsible retainer!
- Upon the death of dangerous and feared monsters a bounty of a Hunting Trophy shall be offered! As well a treasure of moderate prestige shall be delivered to the house of the responsible retainer!
- Upon the capture and death of the Changeling in possession of one of the green masks of their leaders a Hunting Trophy shall be offered! As well a treasure of immense prestige shall be delivered to the house of the responsible retainer!

//PCs only. The subrace writs by the Most Worshipful Guild of Righteous Murderers, because it is for a subrace and not a specific person, does not grant license to kill these PCs openly in Ticker. That doesn't mean you still can't do so, but you aren't granted any specific protection for doing so.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:51:48 AM by Vlaid »

whyemmdee

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: June 13, 2021, 06:05:05 PM
Ruul Velstra

Greetings, people of the Peerage... I know that it has been some time since you have heard from me ... I'll, hm-heh, allow you the appropriate period to gasp in shock and delight...

None of you actually gasped. Well, in any case ... my research has reached a bit of a snag ... a bit of a bump, a bit of a minor hitch ... and in order to resolve matters, I require an appropriately powerful source of magical energy ... preferably multiple ...

I think you can guess where I'm coming from ... I need staves. Magic staves. Exchange them with me, and I'll give you, hm-aha! Yes. A reward equal in power ... a very fair trade, wouldn't you say?

And, as a helpful hint, certain houses in the Peerage Ward happen to have an overabundance of staves. I'd start your search there, brave adventurers!
tchundere

whyemmdee

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: June 13, 2021, 06:06:20 PM
Familiar Voice

...I will see the end of your deplorable aims and reaches. No more. If you value justice, if you hold to honor - or even if you are merely after reward, I shall offer ample reward for the proven death of any powerful practicioner of vile magics who dares call the ward their home.

Beheading. Crucifixion. Hanging. Burning. The means do not matter, but see them displayed publicly. As for those who think to sit idly by... the continued harboring of such maniacs in your midst will be met with severe punishment and brutal contempt.  Long live.

The count and his shadows may well be beyond my reach, but you magelings.. you are not.
tchundere

Bearic

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2021, 01:42:50 AM
Regardless of the words of a Dame, a Lord's bounty is not rescinded...

Quote from: A Whisper, sent out, some time past, by Lord Anders Orza
A reward from House Orza to the one that brings me the heads of those traitors. The /Moonspear/ ones, of course.
(Notes find their way onto the streets and bulletin boards.)

Aatish, of the Promise, the Promise of Shadow and Light. The Promise that burnt down the Ring 94.

Malik, the Inquisitor that let changelings pass by unaccosted for coin. The Judge of Honor and Word that broke his to our House for months!

They that ate, slept, and made merry with the Woman they now demonize, before they burnt her to a crisp after waylaying her /days/ before her wedding. Who trained and aided them months prior as a friend.

They that offered protection to a wizard should she betray her coven, only to throw her to the Noose as soon as they felt a spot of guilt for their actions.

They, that now feign ignorance of their involvements in deciding what was done with the keys to the weapon that they held in their very hands. They that now slide back into the Peerage, as might some sludge underneath your shoe.

This bounty, upon those two, is still /very/ active.
[close]

Following the Words of the Count, however, most of these vanish... most.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 06:39:45 AM by Bearic »

Arslefjun

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: August 28, 2021, 05:18:13 PM
City Sending By Cult of the Seventh Face Fanatic :
Destruction - His will. Death - His domain. Listen now and listen well you pathetic cravens of the 99th ring.
What belongs to the Seventh Face has been stolen. It must be returned. Those that would do his bidding shall reap the rewards. Tools of unparalleled destruction bestowed upon you.
Leave the severed head of Adrian Winespill floating in the drips. Praise the Seventh and we shall see you rewarded.

Stranger

• View Profile
on: December 22, 2021, 06:30:49 PM
Quote from: City Sending by Grand Vizier Sardistan
People of the City of Rings!

Adrian Winespill, called 'Ser' by some without merit, is hereby declared in act of rebellion against the one true King. He and his cronies, financed in large part by degraced coatwrack Jodfry a'Valar, are worthy of death. The one who destroys and slays these traitors shall receive a LARGE reward.

They shall be welcomed into the ranks of the Count's own RUBIES ...

Any who associate with Adrian Winespill are deemed traitor. Any who dare give him even a morsel of food while he is starving are deemed traitor. He and his motley band of renegades shall be crushed beneath the all-knowing and all-mighty boot of the Count Senuspur.

Stranger

• View Profile
on: December 22, 2021, 06:32:06 PM
Quote from: City Sending by Ser Adrian Velstra
A bounty is placed upon the life of the assassin known as Xiv. Whomsoever ends him and brings his remains before the Velstras shall be awarded a special favor; an arrangement, a project, a decree, or perhaps a unique artifact for men of unimaginative greed.

Xiv is known to an elusive killer. Hunters are warned that you are unlikely to see him before he sees you. And that a single blow from him, launched from the darkness, can crush your spine and lay you smote across the alleys.

Pigadig

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: January 21, 2022, 09:57:20 AM
Quote from: City Sending by Voice of Ojo
Hear this! The blade to strike clean Senuspur's head cannot be forged for lack of due sacrifice... powerful blood, potent blood, that is what my master desires!

Great Gifts of Ojo to those who procure rare specimens... fiendbloods, celestials, elemental men and others. Bring these things in chains to my Master's tower...