Short Spear animation

Started by Calixto, March 05, 2019, 03:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calixto

Some days ago, I posted this on the bug reporting forum:

Quote from: Calixto on February 24, 2019, 08:41:31 PM
I may be making this up, but I would have sweared that in EFU:M, you could wield short spears with a shield and that the animation, bot the non-combat stance and the combat animation  was the same than that of a normal spear, only with a shield. As of now the combat movements are the same than those of a longsword: swinging and thrusting attacks. Swinging obviously doesn't make any sense since the spear is purely a thrusting  weapon, so it's kind of funny seeing my character hitting with the *side* of his spear (and actually doing dammage!).

Is it a bug or am I missing something?
So it turns out it was not a bug. My suggestion: is it possible to change the short spear combat animation so it doesn't show these absurd slashing attacks? Like removing them and leaving only the thrusting ones, or modifying the animation to be identical to a normal spear, only with a shield on the arm?  My pc is probably the only one using a short spear, it isn't a terribly important issue, and perhpas it isn't possible to do it, but I ask just in case...  ;D
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)