Abed Tarazi, the Golden Bastard of House Glitt

Started by RPG, March 29, 2019, 08:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPG

ABED TARAZI
THE GOLDEN BASTARD OF HOUSE GLITT

Nobody ever asked him why his name was still the Golden Bastard after he traded in his golden armor for Glitt fullplate. Not one of you. I had a good snarky reply to it too and you all let me down.

I wasn't hoping to die today, but sometimes when you roll the dice you end up a heal potion late and a dollar short. It was a wild and really enjoyable ride. Abed was my first character in CoR, and was thought of as an excuse to play with my good friend BTH in the faction he liked the most. In the end I'm very glad BTH pulled me into Glitt, everyone loves an underdog story and it was really enjoyable molding the image of the faction into the loud frat house that it is (BTH gets more credit there than I do). A big thank you to all the members of Glitt who came and went during my time there. I wasn't hoping to die today, but sometimes when you roll the dice you end up a heal potion late and a dollar short.

STATS:

BACKGROUND/CONCEPT:
A lot of people were surprised Abed was lawful because of his foul mouth, drinking, love of violence, and undiplomatic attitude. To keep it short I liked the idea of being able to play an amnesiac character without it being a cheap anime cliche for once with the new setting's reliance on it. Abed was a soldier's bastard had onto a camp follower, when the war ended and the woman returned to her border town with her son the town was pillaged by former warriors turned bandits. Abed was taken as a toddler into the marauding gang and raised as child slave-soldier into a vicious merciless bandit who's life of horrors at the hands of monsters had turned him into a monster himself. Waking up in the City of Rings and stripped of all but hazy glimpses of his history Abed was horrified and appalled at the person he had been in his life before. Having been branded as a bandit in the nation of Calimshan Abed assumed every person he interacted with could see him for the monster he was on sight, and desperately seeking to turn away from banditry to an honest life he signed on with the only honest employer he thought would take in such a monster as him: Lord Bernard Glitt. With a muscle-memory love of violence, and a hard jaded shell of a personality that kept him alive in a more vicious life, Abed teetered constantly on the edge of suicide with his only lifeline being the honorable and honest life afforded to him by working for Lord Bernard Glitt. Recklessly loyal to his Lord and House, and with a very black and white sense of morality, Abed entered into the City of Rings to accomplish his one and only goal: Redeem himself.

DEATHS:
I died a lot. I always thought I must be creeping up on the top number of deaths for a character but I never breached the top 5. I'm not very good at this game.

VIDEOS:
EE won't let me take screenshots, but OBS does let me take some really poor quality videos. Unfortunately because of the lack of screenshots I don't have any loot picks to share, but here are Abed's finest fights. Anyone who's flipped through my youtube channel has seen them all, it's pretty much just an archive of Abed and some bridge duels, but here they were with some description or context.

TRIVIA NIGHT

A joint idea between BTH and myself for what Glitt's contribution to the King's Tournament should be, and supported by Gip[DM]. The idea was to have a pig stuffed full of magic ointments and oils and covered in grease, and a free-for-all brawl for the grand prize. The pig would run around spraying grease spells everywhere and causing chaos, and if someone managed to get the last hit on the pig they'd gain all the enchantments from it's magic blood and get a huge advantage. And of course like every GLITT tradition Trivia Night had a three drink minimum.

THE BOOT

The original concept of THE BOOT came from when Hound's character Harvis Cross and the other Stonebuilders that would eventually go on to become Butchers ambushed Abed while he was buying potions in Ticker Square. After one of the Stonebuilders cut in line in front of Abed, and Abed wouldn't let it go, he was soundly beaten and tossed into "The Cage" and made to break rocks for freedom. Abed was very easy to forgive being assaulted by anyone as he viewed fighting as just boys-being-boys, but he couldn't forgive the embarrassment and he resolved to get revenge by embarrassing Cross in return by capturing him and making him drink beer from Gortha the Invincible's stinky old boot. Having been unsuccessful in catching Cross a trial run of The Boot was done when he and Jandar fell ass backwards into catching the necromancers' accomplice Mazeed al-Rarimann after their attack on the Ponds. After being forced to drink from THE BOOT the man was declared innocent by all because that's punishment enough.

SEWER TOURNAMENT

I didn't really need any particular piece of loot for Abed's build, but I really hate having to haul around and keeping track of thousands of cure minor wounds trinkets on every character just to heal 5 or 10 damage outside of combat. It's one of my least favorite parts about the game and I try to get regeneration on any character that I can, which is one of the few reasons I've always been so fond of playing RSD fighters in the past. So when the fights were being picked I jumped at the opportunity. Even though we'd seen like 3 fights before this one I forgot which direction the monsters spawned from, and was facing completely the wrong way and didn't see the enemy until it was right next to me. I got my ass kicked for most of the fight and got lucky with a stabilization roll to come back and win the day. Although the cloak wasn't the most powerful piece of loot in history it came in real handy when hunting rats when I died down to five again and again.

TIL DEATH DUEL US PART

I stole the name from Vlaid who scolded me badly for not using it as the original title. I won't go into great detail about the events surrounding the fight as most parties involved (sans me) are still alive, but even before the fight began DrD insisted that I get a recording to post so this goes up with his blessing. A great fight all around, and I was really convinced I was going to win there for a bit, but I always get the PvP jitters bad and between nerves, my poor skills, bad luck, and Errilam's masterful combat skillz Abed was finally slain. And as per his wishes,  he was kicked headless into the Peerage Canal with the rest of the garbage. EDIT: Replaced with Gloinar's video for quality purposes.

THUS ENDS ABED TARAZI
GLITT GLITT GLITT!

Edit: Loot picks. If I find more I'll post them.

That's my purse! I don't know you!

Damien

An awesome character.

I have to say your lack of ability to use your haste and displacement potions properly though that fight did make me cry a bit.

Poolson

The man. The myth. The legend.

The cigar chewer.

Fraudster

I witnessed much wailing and gnashing of teeth following your death, and that's a good sign. Way to go.

TwoOClock

[6:49 PM] HikoSashiri: you are the rude

Knight Of Pentacles

What a great PC, to be honest.  A pillar of the Peerage that'll be missed. 

Grouch

House Glitt will take a long time to rise from the ashes of your unfortunate defeat.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

Quote from: Knight Of Pentacles on March 29, 2019, 02:05:48 PM
What a great PC, to be honest.  A pillar of the Peerage that'll be missed.

This. With Abed gone it feels like the end of an era, he def will be missed!

Also, Abed was the closest thing Siobhan's had to a normal friend ... ?

Keep being awesome and keep making awesome PCs!

goate

Great PC, your influence in shaping GLITT  will have impact throughout the chapter.

Way to have the balls to make a dramatic move like demanding a duel from Errilam.  And way to have the maturity to keep on trucking after the death of such a great PC without missing a beat.  Events like the "Battle of the Bastards" make EFU shine, and it's a rare person who can go all in like that.

Empress of Neon

He was a sexist, racist alcoholic brawler who's virtues lied in loyalty and his own sense of honor. Interactions with him almost always got a chuckle from me. He was memorable, lovable (in a sort of Calishite-Eric-Cartmen way) and will be sorely missed :(

A++++

Loops

One of the greats. Thank you for playing with me. Can't wait to meet your next character.  :)

Anecdotes and Annotations

Rip.

He was in your face rude, but he doesn't seem malicious. It's hard to pull off, but you did it!

Cat

How to Disappear

Quote from: Cat on March 29, 2019, 09:18:22 PM
GLITT GLITT GLITT

Also, Abed was one of the people that made Glitt  a charming faction, since his crudeness was always more amusing than mean spirited.

Also the time he got Fatima to make a sending for him:

QuoteCity Sending by Fatima bin Al-Zahid : These Doorkeepers says that prick Abed swears too goddamn much to use their services. But Abed`s glorious ass needs proper watching as he violates the seams in search of treasure and glory. Meet us at the peerage ward if your balls have enough hair on them. Ha ha!

Quarterdragon

I liked Abed, wish our playing times had matched up better.