Reporting Exploitable Bugs

Started by Arkov, June 03, 2006, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkov

The public "Bug Reports" forum should be used for reporting bugs that can't  be exploited. An "exploitable bug" is one that can be abused to get free gold or free XP or duplicate items or otherwise acquire an unfair advantage over other players in the game.

Bugs which can be exploited should be reported in the subforum here. They should not be posted in this public section. If you're not sure whether a bug is exploitable or not, please err on the side of caution and assume that it is.

Thank you.

-Arkov

ScottyB

I know it says that if you're not sure about a bug being exploitable or not, to err on the side of caution, but come on people. How is being unexpectedly retired (by script), or a publicly accessible system not working, exploitable?

If you're going to post an exploitable bug report, please explain why you think your post shouldn't be visible by all players. A public bug report can serve as a warning, receive input by savvy players, and avoid duplication. Err on the side of caution, but don't abandon common sense.

Crod Mondoon

Puzzler Quest (the one with the disks you move around three pillars)
I quit the quest, and still got xp. Without moving a single disk.

Talir

Please post bug reports containing spoilers in the exploitable bug section. Spoilers in this case being specific quest bugs or boons/curses kept deliberatively vague.

Aethereal

---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

cmenden

Bumping Aethereal's post here, because I accidentally tried the link in the initial post and it redirected me to a site all in Chinese, and my virus detection software went crazy, haha