Dagna Alestorm

Started by SovietGrowlithe, April 07, 2019, 01:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SovietGrowlithe

Dagna wasn't my first character on the server but she was the first one I put effort and time into.  I didn't know anything about the server when I made her. I just had a basic idea of a former Dragon Hunter that enjoyed drinking ale.  I met so many folks on her and made a lot of strong bonds with other characters. Unfortunately I've nothing from her short days in Driftwood. Nor the day to day intereactions with some of the various friends of hers. I wish I had more screenshots but this is what I've got.

This was the first awesome weapon I got on the server. A stone mallet but it lasted me for nearly a month. I got it only my second day on the server. It was traded to me for some what if's by a large rock gnome. I think his name as Baravon? Or something like that.
[hide][/hide]
This was the first time I met Argus. The second dwarven friend she'd make. He was drunk at the time and was amazed to see a woman dwarf. Ontop of this she's wearing armor that was sold to her at a cheap price by Beodda. There's a bit of the drunk conversation of Argus and her.
[hide][/hide]
I don't have a direct picture but Frank was the one who converted Dagna to the faith of the Gateway. She became a loyal follower and began traveling around with him quite a lot. Due to this they were able to get into some crazy adventures together. This is where I got my first DM Custom peice of gear! It was perfect for her character.
[hide][/hide]
This is from the last day together with her friend Volantis, Frank, Hanna, Valindra, Teniulle, Grimgor, Shalkis and Alfrida.  They're not all in the shot but there's a bit of dialog as Frank got paralyzed.
[hide][/hide]

Her time was shorter than I liked but I had to play the character true to her colors. She died fighting and she died doing something she believed was right. I didn't expect an ugly, groaty voiced, socially inept dwarf to make as many friends as she did. Perhaps because she didn't involve herself in politics much nor really care about any of the 'big' changes within ninety nine she was able to just see folks for who they were and 'judge' based on that.  I enjoyed my time with the Driftwood Company and the Blooded Shields alike.  She's my first REAL character on the server and I can't bare to delete at the moment but as it is I look forward to my next major character on the server.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

goate

The Old Hack

I didn't interact as much with Dagna as I would have liked to. Great grumpy dwarf and a worthy warrior. With her in the front line you knew it wouldn't bend easily.

Bobbybrown

Well Dekkar ICly said he was the one who did it, so if it was correct, would be free to talk about it now i think

SovietGrowlithe

Fair enough. Dagna's death was chosen by herself. She didn't make her intentions readily known but she went after Magnus herself. She waited around for a bit once hearing about Frank's death. She thought of a plan that could work to lure Magnus out. However, she could not contain herself or her own honor without blood and she knew Beodda and a few others in the shields would likely not stand with her. So she went after him. They exchanged words. Talked for a bit and then got to it. She died for her friend because she didn't want to live in a world where bad people get to do bad things without consequences.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Gorgrim

Dagna was a hell of a character.  Was a lot of fun having another dwarf around and one that could take a punch and dish it back out.  Im gunna miss having another dwarf in the Shields to do things with but dagna lives on as long as Grim lives. She will properly get to the see the peak of 94 with him some day.  And if not a rune carved somewhere telling about her