Sylyn Nine-Fingers: Orza's Bane. Killer. Companion and friend.

Started by TwoOClock, April 10, 2019, 12:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

Ah, what could've been. Enjoyed playing with you, congrats on making a splash and looking forward to your next PC.

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

I just massively agree with every post that has been written already.

You did a really great job as you always do. Much respect.

SN

Quarterdragon

You put so much work into portraying your characters, not just in game, but through IC journaling and correspondence.  It's impressive and a little intimidating. I got to interact with Sylyn so rarely, but it was a pleasure, even when her behavior was frustrating as hell.  Gone too soon, but in a way that utterly made sense for her.

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

Quote from: Quarterdragon on April 11, 2019, 03:08:38 AM
You put so much work into portraying your characters, not just in game, but through IC journaling and correspondence.  It's impressive and a little intimidating. I got to interact with Sylyn so rarely, but it was a pleasure, even when her behavior was frustrating as hell.  Gone too soon, but in a way that utterly made sense for her.

+1

TwoOClock

[6:49 PM] HikoSashiri: you are the rude

SovietGrowlithe

I enjoyed Syl. Not icly though on Dagna but Bianca liked her enough. She was a bit of a humpernickle.  An intimidating sort and one who was heavily devoted to friends. She'll be missed.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Pandip

As someone who had the pleasure of being exposed to bits and pieces of Sylyn during the beginning and middle of her story, I was consistently impressed by her characterization and your willingness to let tragedy and triumph drive her actions in equal measure. Definitely an iconic face during the early weeks of CoR; her presence, whether stealthy or boisterous, will surely be missed!

Also, thank you for the great screenshot thread. This is definitely a standout as one of the better ones we've seen!

Craaazy Teds Discount Car

An angel plucked from the world too soon :'(.  Sylvyn was an amazing character, to be missed and mourned by many!

Fiverine

RIP Sylyn.  Taharqa only met you a few times, but you left an impression.  Even though the first time he saw you he assumed you were about to kill him  ;D

BUT... Sylyn legitimately saved his life in the Commons not long afterwards.  Didn't have to, but chose to.   8) They also got to compare greatswords. 
After the battle is over
And the sands have drunken the blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion

bobofwestoregonusa

I'm just sorry I didn't see it through after getting discouraged. Great character. My actual favorite.