Author Topic: A Cat's Tales  (Read 212 times)

prestonhunt

• View Profile
on: April 24, 2019, 05:32:51 PM
A Cat's Tales

The Nine Lives of Greymalkin, The Alley Prince
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:47:57 PM by prestonhunt »

prestonhunt

• View Profile
on: June 12, 2019, 10:35:17 PM
The Dogs...

Always chasing... Always barking...  Why must they torture me so?  Will ever they call out and set chase while I am six-legged, with flailing tentacles and a shimmering reflection three feet behind?  No.  The canny villains always wait until I am right-sized and four-legged, stalking a fat little mouse, or calling out to the fence-tops to the Gutter-Cats that have taken heat.  How I hate them.  Mongrels.  Yapping nuisances.  Chasing me up to the rooftops where the mice don't skitter about.

Mark my words, one day sometime soon I will discover who these aggravations call Master, and play upon him such a trick that he will regret the day he set his fool-minions upon the trail of the Alley-Prince.  I will commemorate his folly in tale and song so he is made a mockery for all time, as I have the Trash-Gull Contessa.

The Queen of Rats has sought me out and brokered a peace and tribute.  It is a boon arrangement for me.  One fat rat of my choosing per moon, and the peace is kept and I leave them to skitter and skritch hither thither in the Pipes free of stalking, padding fang and claw.  How clever I am, now I can grow lazy and corpulent in the sun!

prestonhunt

• View Profile
on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:53 AM
Peers and Ticker Tocks...

Peers and Ticker Tocks   Yesterday I complained about dogs, today itís Peers and Ticker Tocks.   How blissfully ignorant I was, only yesterday!

I was content, oh so content to just let them encamp right on my doorstep!  To win dispensary upon dispensary by my absence!  If only they would leave me alone to bask and grow fat on the rats that the little mouse brought me.

And now, only now have I realized that I have let the rats and the birds and the dogs grow bold by my inaction.  So careless of me to be cornered, away from a ready fence to climb away!

They very nearly belled the cat today.   If I donít learn from it, thatís on me.

I was content to warm my belly in the sun.  The time for that has ended. So now it's back to civilization, all the brightness and everything I hate.  I just wanted to be left alone.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:45:52 AM by prestonhunt »