Return Soloable "Black Dragon" Quest

Started by RPG, May 02, 2019, 10:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPG

The "black dragon" quest is a level 1-4 quest near Ring 100 in Ring 99. In the first month of the new chapter it was killing a lot of new players and was changed to require 2 players to enter. Months later the quest is very rarely done as players now have a hang of the game and getting past level 4 is usually accomplished within hours of character creation, making the odds of finding a suitably levelled group very slim. Now that the flow of new players to the server has slowed down considerably I think the quest should return to it's former party requirement.

If necessary the quest could be moved away from being on a direct path from the start area to Ticker Square to keep new players from encountering it automatically, but I don't think this will be a great issue any longer. The quest is cool and almost impossible to do these days and I'd like to be able to do it again.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Random_White_Guy

Maybe boost it to a solo 1-5?

It's no harder or easier than the old Barrows quest which was a 1-5 solo.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

SovietGrowlithe

I wasn't around when it was soloable and so far I've only done this quest twice.  It's pretty easy to avoid this quest simply because getting to 4 is quite easy.

I will say that it may be soloable for most classes Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger/Paladin but I could see it being really tough for a low level Caster.  Infact one of the two times I did do it. The caster I was with died but I could easily tackle it on my Ranger.

So I'd support a raise in the level range to 2 = 5.
And make it so that the group would be 1 - 4

Simply because as it stands. Getting a group to go to it at level 4 or 3 is pretty tough.  Most folks just do the safer quests in Tickers. Then move on to grouping around level 5 for the most part.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Time_Stomped

yeah it could use a move and a difficulty warning xD

Vergadain

I always thought it not being soloable was strange. The second part that needs more people has a warning and is optional. The actual quest is easily soloed with any class.

Howlando

I raised the cap to 5.  I think it's OK to still require two PCs though.