Antoine O'Hara, Ticker Square's very own Captain Adamantine!

Started by RPG, May 16, 2019, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPG

Antoine succumbed to the Curse of Mortality. Lord Darkskull is tougher than I remember him being.

By now pretty much everyone knows his general concept, but he was a pretty boy who was born to a very rich father who gave him everything he wanted, and after coming to the City he decided he'd find a new  sugar-daddy in Oscar Tchammorar and became Captain Adamantine the Merchant Guild/Adamantine Bank's walking advertisement. It was a wild and fun ride. I'm really glad I came onto the scene right in time for the Ib'javi plot which was amazing for the character.

Eventually he cursed at a Feast event to never be able to respawn or be resurrected again and also to have a strong brotherly love for Errilam. The boots he got were so nice, and the event so fun, I decided to roll again at the next Feast and this time got cursed with partial amnesia, permanent wisdom drain, a hatred of Ticker Square, and the loss of all his belongings. Practically naked, no idea who any of his friends were, and seething with hate for Ticker Square's mistreatment and underpayment of him he went to the Peerage where he eventually ran into Ser Errilam Winespill who he had immediate and strong friendship with and agreed to become his squire to learn to be less of a pathetic dweeb.

I was really looking forward to seeing how the new viciously anti-Ticker Captain Adamantine would be. The complete dropping of the character Antoine had been portraying to reveal a dimmer version of the petty selfish child that Antoine was underneath it all was an exciting breath of fresh air for the character for the very brief time it lasted. Unfortunately Lord Darkskull is a tougher boss than I remembered and Antoine was struck down after chewing through all his newly purchased healing potions, and some bad luck with rolls and teammates getting knocked out of the fight.

I can't think of a lot more to say right now I'm tired after getting off work, but I'll throw screenshots up eventually. It was really cool having a character with his own action figure and I really appreciate all the DMs who'd occasionally possess random commoners to yell about how cool he was, especially that last one where Antoine broke that little boy's heart.

Edit: I just remembered Antoine had this plan to join Orza that never panned out that was one of my favorite publicity stunts/scams he wanted to try so I wanted to mention it.

So he was going to arrange to duel Magnus through Dekker and try to get everyone in Ticker Square to sponsor him with money and potions, and have it planned out ahead of the that when Magnus won he'd threaten to kill Innocents if Antoine didn't join him or something equally cliche.

So Antoine would throw the fight without drinking any of the good potions or spending any of the money and basically skip town to the Peerage with Orza and be Dekker's left hand man in return for help supernaturally overcoming his lack of fighting talent.

But Dekker died before I could try to arrange any of it and Antoine didn't trust Magnus on his own not to just murder him and take his stuff.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Easy To Remember

Really well done, genuinely unique character that was a joy to interact with. Loved his journal. Super cool all around.

SovietGrowlithe

Going to be a much tougher place without the bright and shining Antoine O'hara.

Well done. Look forward to the next character.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Ghooooost

I absolutely adored this character. Wish I got to interact with him more!

Grouch

What a way to go man...

Captain Adamantine was my hero.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Dagonlives

RPG manages to always make some of my favorite characters.  Captain Adamantine was the best fake paladin/charlatan Iv'e seen for a long time.

Scrappa-yeti

Everything was good about this character.

I especially loved the way you really committed to his poor combat skills theme by dying repeatedly over and over. That was a special touch.