Generic Summoning

Started by Iconoclast, May 27, 2019, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iconoclast

The default summoning theme is flavorful in what it summons, but it is underpowered to irrelevance compared to just about everything else.  2nd and 3rd lvl summons can't do more than 1 dmg and the rest of their abilities are just as feeble.  They just seem like an afterthought.

Sem

The default theme should never be strong, it's the most accessible theme that anyone can use at any time provided they have the tool for it. There are a variety of options for dedicated summoners to use that give them access to stronger themes and ways to empower those summons already.

Dillusionist

I will be taking a look at this.

It should at least match up to themes such as Spiders, Insects, and Serpents which are available to all and can pump out some pain.

Dillusionist

City and Animated Objects should be much stronger now, but also cost more points.

If there are any other glaringly weak themes, or summoned creatures who blast enemies with annoying AOE effects, please let me know.

I would like for basic summoned creatures to be able to hit things and soak some pain for the skinny word in a moderately effective way. Controversial themes like demons, devils, and whatnot shall naturally be stronger and more specialized.

Dredi

The summon law 1.

It has a tiny hp pool, no low ab, low damage, low ac and has a single cast of a cantrip, ray of frost.

Vivat Rex

I second that Law I is relatively useless—enough so that it's almost never worth the spell slot.

Stranger

If it had something as innocent as DR 5/+1, it would be highly useful.

Howlando

Adjusted the Fettered Fundaments to have 5/+1.