The Tale of Bûrjan the Broken

Started by Lannister, May 23, 2019, 08:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Bûrjan was my first character on EFU:COR. I wanted to explore the setting and decide on where to place a really cool thematic concept. I think I've found that for the future.

But what a journey Bûrjan has been! From enterpising bandit to broken dirgesinger - with a peak as a paladin aspirant. Thank you to everyone who helped shape him and interacted with him, thank you to the DM team who encouraged me with how I was progressing with him. I'm afraid however, this tale ends in mystery...

...Perhaps in the depths of the broken manor, the broken bard still sings.

Bûrjan started as a humble LE pure fighter from Luskan. A pirate in fact, who wanted nothing more than to earn his keep through what he knew - piracy. Sadly there are no seas in Ring 99, so he had to resort to filthy landlubbing piracy.

He made several deals during his life, with such noteables as Antoine O'Hara and even Blacks. My aim was to foster a good/healthy pvp status quo for the server, where bandits could bandit without fearing outright FD off the bat... For a time, I succeeded too.

[hide= His bandit trophy from the head of a dwarf PC who spat on the good symbol of Orza, thank you Vlaid for this!][/hide]

[hide= Bûrjan brought many gifts to his darling lass, or so he would hope to call Doctor Mench. Others bring flowers - he brought corpses.][/hide]

[hide= Krown was a mystery to Bûrjan, he was an enemy but also a potential source of income.][/hide]

[hide= Talking about sources of income - here is one...][/hide]

[hide= Sometimes rarely I found common ground with my enemies!][/hide]

[hide= And sometimes enemies were manipulated to reshape the battlefield.][/hide]

[hide= A shadowy veteran watches the doctor at work while he swigs his wine. Apathy incarnate.][/hide]

[hide= It wasn't all smooth sailing however. Here we can see the aftermath of a grand battle for the gifts - one of many times Bûrjan ate the cobbles.][/hide]

[hide= Did I mention he ate the cobbles a lot?][/hide]

[hide= No matter what he did, he still loved those cobbles...][/hide]

[hide= Still, if he had legs - he would stand his ground!][/hide]

[hide= A homage to some of my humble origins.]
[/hide]

[hide= Bûrjan had bluff, he had a faux-accent. Here he is telling Sunpurse just how it is in the Peerage!][/hide]

[hide= Bûrjan had a deal with the Butchers, it was a back and forth of ransoming people to keep the status quo. Here he is enjoying a fine cigar in the Butcher barracks. What a power pose.][/hide]

After losing his memories Bûrjan awoke and was heavily influenced by Bertram of the Book, thus he started his quest to become a ringrunner and a bardic legend..

[hide= That fateful day.. A great send off to his old self with a surprising reveal!][/hide]

[hide= Thrice Born][/hide]

[hide= Bûrjan may have forgotten who he was, where he came from. But his past certainly would not forget him.. The Seventh Face smiled upon the man. Always.]

[/hide]

[hide= Bûrjan had a simple goal. Smoke a cigar is as many rings as he could.][/hide]

[hide= Did I mention he was a bard now? He's trying his best...][/hide]

[hide= He learned a few songs from books. Insidious evil lays in this one! I encourage you all to read it.][/hide]

[hide= Though you may forget who you are, others do not -][/hide]

- But there is always a spring in sight! A man can become what he desires with the new dawn! Thus rises Bûrjan the BOLD. Aspirant Paladin of the Book! Heroic adventurer of the Band of the Bold.. What a bittersweet memory this is.

[hide= Rise valiant hero and sup on the rewards of the BOLD!][/hide]

[hide= Memories of a Ringrunner's Band.. Now stained with tears and broken dreams.][/hide]

[hide= For a cursed man..][/hide]

[hide= ...cannot hide from the sins of his past forever.][/hide]

[hide= So the BOLD muster to overcome a man's past!][/hide]

[hide= But you cannot overcome...][/hide]

[hide= ...what...][/hide]

[hide= ...you...][/hide]

[hide= ..ARE!][/hide]

The shattered and shackled mind of a man who is utterly cursed, tortured beyond understanding now resides in the depths of an equally cursed manor. There he sings to bricks, who will tell none of the tears he sheds.

[hide= The Castellan welcomes people to the place where cursed things dwell.][/hide]

[hide= Dark forces attempt to stitch together a broken man.][/hide]

[hide= But dolorous doom strikes again.][/hide]

[hide= Sadly Bûrjan the Broken is not lucky enough to die at this point.][/hide]

[hide= Wait.. that isn't fixing anything..][/hide]

[hide= Doc... Doc?][/hide]

[hide= Sometimes shadows from his past came to visit him.][/hide]

[hide= They brought messages of hope.]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306164820766490624/581209527421108225/unknown.png[/hide]

[hide= But all they caused was pain.][/hide]

Lannister

goate

Very cool, way to roll with the punches and take the amnesia angle to the MAX.

SovietGrowlithe

Though my interaction was limited with Burjan. You did a great job. I was always hearing about him. Well done.

Look forward to the next character.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Bio

we had a really interesting dynamic building as the thriceborn brothers, shame things  didnt get to play out more
i am a god

Pup

You stole two of my titles!  Looks like a cool char, though.

Artreez the Broken

Brjax the Bold

Adapting and evolving as a char is the best.  Good job, sorry I didn't get to meet him IG.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals