Monk Stance Drops

Started by Scrappa-yeti, May 29, 2019, 04:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrappa-yeti

I have played two characters since day one of EfU5, and I have done a good percentage of the QAs available.

Over those two characters (both to reasonable levels), I have seen exactly zero monk-stance scrolls drop.

I have been given two copies of the Lizardskin stance, and as far as I can tell, this is the only one in the loot table anywhere.

Could we have some stance scrolls inserted into the loot tables somewhere please?

Time_Stomped

i think they are mostly available as dm-loot for roleplay

currently working on brainstorming a series/system of monk improvements that makes it easier and some of it involves crafting, I don't think individual drop improvements is a good idea right now

honestly think the stance system is old and doesn't entirely make sense as monks are improving their own style.  finding some shit on the ground that makes someone that has to train their body to improve suddenly have a change in skill compared to one that doesn't find it, is weird.  the stuff ive been cooking up feels more like an eastern monk accomplishing getting stronger rather than just shoving a piece of paper in their asscrack for a new power

Scrappa-yeti

I mean, we work within the limitations of the system we are in.

It is no more suspension of disbelief breaking for me for a monk to learn some new kung-fu off a scroll, as it is for a mage to suddenly know a high level spell without years of academic research.

Certainly the idea of knowing different stances, and switching between them as needed is  fun and cool. I mean, at least in theory, Ill tell you when if/and when I can actually do it IC!

Paha

I have had long plans for these and improving the system and other aspects of monk. But there are bit bigger things in the backend that are my priority so I will get to the othet stuff as I can.

Scrappa-yeti

Yeah, I am not advocating for a rehash of the system. There is so much going on right now that DMs can put time and effort into,  it seems a waste given how few monks there are.

However, a quick change of the loot tables for the current system sounds like it would be less time consuming.

LoveLess

Some sort of Monk trainer NPC, and variants of him, that are in static locations throughout the city in various areas might be a neat way to give stances. Rewards for monks that ring run as part of their journey?

Grouch

Like the Barbarian Sages? Love it actually.

Good idea.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)